If you'd take a halo over a egg2 you've got issues
Jeremy
Old 03-07-2003, 09:28 PM #23
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevmaster
$25 for a gun repair isnt too much. $15 is a MINIMUM charge at most palces for labor, plus parts...thats ot bad at all. youll be seeing MUCH MUCH higher bills with that cocker man
That is very true. Some places Minimum charge, then it's $XX per hour.
And some have set rates for just timing autocockers. Let alone the repairs, only timing it. I think one "cheap" time I saw was about $40 bucks.

But no matter, very shortly I'll be in the boat of charging people for repairs myself. So I can't say much.

*edit: For the taking halo over egg2?

Hmmmm, I don't know maybe faster and more consistent feeding is more important to some people I guess. Oh well.

Not to mention the questionably "quality" of the 12V revvies and all the snapped necks I keep seeing.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!

Last edited by Meph : 03-07-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:20 PM #24
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

The local field owner can't compete with the local WalMart price, but he doesnt mind, because he KNOWs they will be in for repair/maintenence sooner or later.... so he makes money off them anyway.

I heard the Halo-Bs are faster then the Egg2s, but BE sued and they no longer make the Halos??
So, Halo is coming out with a new, better design, and I think BE is also coming out with a Egg3?
When the Egg3 comes out, the Revvy will be phased out, and replace with the Quantum..
(or maybe not. Just rumors).

Either way, I like my modified revvy, but I know they will re-ban force-feeds the day I buy a Egg/Halo/Warp.

nick
Old 03-07-2003, 10:25 PM #25
wadd

Yeah, halos feed a couple bps faster, but we're talking about something like 18 bps vs. 21 bps. like anyone actually shoots over 18bps in a tourney. And the halo is HUGE. I hate those things. I love myy egg though.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:38 PM #26
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

I heard of people hitting those numbers by roll/fanning at tournaments (which is discouraged, but not illegal).

Personally, my RM doesnt shoot that fast, but I will occationally outshoot the Revvy (but never chops).
OTOH, I've heard of people having problems using Halos on the RM because of its week wire-detent.

I might be buying an Egg. I love the way it loads, but the reviews are very, very mixed... So I'm on the fence for now.

Nick
Old 03-07-2003, 10:44 PM #27
wadd

the egg will kill the halo any day. I hate them. trust me, the egg is an awesome hopper. it feeds extremely smoothe. I love those things.
Jeremy
Old 03-08-2003, 10:40 AM #28
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

in regards to HALO v BE and future turns:

BE sued Ody for patent infringement. The two settled the case and BE gained money. Ody is no longer allowed to manufacturer Halos. However, they can pay someone else to do it for them. BE reserved the right to resue because the issue was settled out of court. If you ask me, BE won because they can be engaged in a lawsuit for years. They allocate 5m per year just to fight lawsuits. Ody however, already short on cash, cant afford to stay in litigation forever.

The HALOBs right now are out of stock. Ody has had a hard time producing them.

There is an Eggo II right now and an Egoo III is in EARLY DEVELOPMENT stages. NO PROTOS have been made as of yet.

There is no current knowledge of any newer version of the hALO coming out

The Eggo II feeds 16-17 and a HALO B feeds 20-21. You wont outshoot either. The Eggo II holds ~30 more balls and weighs about half a pound less when full. its also 1/2" higher up on the gun than a HALO. It is 2" wider than a HALO. also 4" shorter. The Eggos sell for $75-80 when the HALOs sell for $110-125
Old 03-08-2003, 02:37 PM #29
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

My HaloB and RM work just fine together. And the halo has true force-feeding. It doesn't wait for a gap, it keeps a constant pressure on the balls with it's springloaded drive cone. The halo will also feed like 4 balls upside down and I don't believe that the egg will do that. But I've never used an egg, just seen a couple at the field. I personally feel they're much uglier to, but hey that's opinion. Get what you like, they'll both keep up with your trigger finger just fine.

Gerbil
Old 03-09-2003, 01:30 PM #30
lordjavelox

lordjavelox is a Supporting Member
Yeah, there hopper support is horrible.

Did a deal of yours go sour?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346137
Old 03-09-2003, 03:06 PM #31
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Do you need support for a hopper?

Do people not understand which end the paint goes in?

Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 04:40 PM #32
Jynxfactor

Jynxfactor is a Supporting Member
Kevmaster I guess I should stop expecting mod's to be well informed, oh well. If there was even a slight chance that the ruling would have been in favor of B.E. they would have gone for it. Oddyssy settled because B.E. (any body remember that game called monopoly) was trying to drag the case out and useup Ody limmited resources. And as for no new developments from Ody you might want to take another look Ody has a new loader coming out Halo TSA and a new drive system and software for the Halo B. Good lord people, I understand supporting your products, but do it with your eyes open to the world around you. A shread of truth might sneak in.

hp_lovecraft I've still got the POWER LOADER 2000! if you want it, it still works like the day I got it (witch means better then the new rev's and the shell won't break if you look at it the wrong way)
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 03-11-2003, 05:18 PM #33
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Quote:
POWER LOADER 2000.....
Heh... I still have mine too, except I painted camo (for no particular reason).

I know you have this strange love for BE but.. I eventually bought a Revvy. I stuck in an X-board, and Eggpeller.

Doing a drop test, my Revvy will empty about twice as fast as the old 2000. The plastic feels pretty cheap though. I'll give you that..

Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 05:28 PM #34
Jynxfactor

Well good then I see my point made it across.

I put one of those new fangled Impelers in mine and it feed's just as fast as my rev with the turbo rev board. That is untill the shell broke on the rev. (I've been throu three of the new rev's, all broke) Now I use a Halo with no problems.

B.E. qualitly (at least hopper wise) has gone down hill severly.
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 03-11-2003, 06:16 PM #35
Kevmaster

jynx....
by the same reasoning, if Ody was completely sure they would ave won, they wouldnt have settled. anyways,

your point is identical to mine. BE had no care about winning the lawsuit in court. stopping Halo's production for a while and forcing them to pay massive lawyers fees is "winning" enough. Whether they would have won or not, you nor I know.

the TSA is a step down from the HALO, so i woudlnt really call that innovative and the new belt drive is nothing more than a paddle on the bottom you can turn with your hand so if the batteries die, you arnt out of the game. Yet another "brilliant" $30.00 upgrade you can get to a $120 hopper, that youve already spent $60 more on to go "B" and get a clear shell

Jynx, i would venture a guess that I am much more informed paintballwise than you are and 99% of people that visit these forums(although thats not saying much).
Old 03-11-2003, 06:50 PM #36
Jynxfactor

The TSA isn't a step down it's an also. Ody will be making the Halo B as well as the TSA to increase market share, and the new Rip drive (sorry to tell you but the belt drive has been around for a while now) is far from a necessity it's an add on for those that want a little bit of insurance incase of failure. Actually with B.E.'s track record they might want to look into something like it for the eggo.

So Kev your condoning B.E.'s manipulation of the legal system. The, if we can't win we'll just throw as much money at the suit as you can and hope the opposition runs out of money first, way.

And there was no injunction imposed on Ody to stop production, production was halted so production facilities could be moved to increase production.

Kev, I'd sure hate to see an uninformed person if your in the top 1%. But atleast this is better then the last time we got into a discussion, last time you just when and edited my post's to suit your need's

By the way maby you should take a quick look around and see what the rest of the world thinks about B.E., you might be supprised.
CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 03-11-2003, 07:09 PM #37
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Quote:
By the way maby you should take a quick look around and see what the rest of the world thinks about B.E., you might be supprised.
Its almost as bad as Smart Parts!!

Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 07:19 PM #38
Jynxfactor

CHRONIC
REDZ
Old 03-11-2003, 07:38 PM #39
Housemaster
The Bread Head

lol, you people

BE...Smart Parts...lol good one hp

I don't even have a good enough argument because I know pretty much nothing, except what I have read from Hero Hog in BEOG, so I'll just shut up and say "I don't know."
Old 03-12-2003, 03:51 PM #40
Kevmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jynxfactor
The TSA isn't a step down it's an also. Ody will be making the Halo B as well as the TSA to increase market share,
Im quite aware they have no intention of halting production of the HALO B, but the TSA is still a step down from the HALO. its a sound driven Revvie if you break it down

Quote:
and the new Rip drive (sorry to tell you but the belt drive has been around for a while now) is far from a necessity it's an add on for those that want a little bit of insurance incase of failure. Actually with B.E.'s track record they might want to look into something like it for the eggo.
The Rip Drive (im sorry for the mixup) is a new $30.00 add on that, although not necessary, is nice. Sadly, Ill prolly break down and buy it (you never know, right). Meaning, I turn a $120 HALO A + $30 for the "B", +$30 for the Clear shell +$30 for the Rip Drive...thats a $210 hopper....less shipping. its not really all that brilliant, its a simple thing that surely they could have (and had after years of development) brought onto the original HALO, saving you and I money

Quote:
So Kev your condoning B.E.'s manipulation of the legal system. The, if we can't win we'll just throw as much money at the suit as you can and hope the opposition runs out of money first, way.
Im not condoning it, although legal, however, i simply stated that it worked. BE may have won the lawsuit (Ody DID use an eye to sense the absense of a paintball(although not the only method)--what VL pattented on their revvie). What i am saying, is that had litigation drawn out for months and months, it would have ended up hurting Ody more than it would if they paid off BE.

Quote:
And there was no injunction imposed on Ody to stop production, production was halted so production facilities could be moved to increase production.
Yes, there was a clause in the contract that PROHIBITED the production of the HALO by Ody. I have tlaked with THREE Upper Level BE Execs on this issue and various other INSIDE sources in the PB industry. Each and every one has confirmed that Ody was stopped from producing the halo (although they CAN contract it to someone else and buy from that someone else)

Quote:
Kev, I'd sure hate to see an uninformed person if your in the top 1%. But atleast this is better then the last time we got into a discussion, last time you just when and edited my post's to suit your need's
I dont edit posts that arnt obnoxious. If you post in a respectful manner and most important....an INTELLIGENT manner I have no need to edit it

Quote:
Yes there are many people who knock BE on the internet and in pro shops and so forth. But if you look at the internet paintball groups, ~50-60% would be tourny players or at least once a month players. To be quite honest, BE couldnt care LESS about us. They are targeting the 95% of paintballers in general who make it out less than three times per year. And among those people, i bet they have very different opinions of BE than you and I...well...than you
Closed Thread