PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:38 PM #1
DenverKid
Someone S'd On The Coats

Reffing

Again for the second year in a row, the worst reffing award goes to..........

The SPYDER field!

Yay, everyone give a round of applause to the snake side ref for winning this award for them again.
Feedback
PBN PBR
Back from the dead, and still a freestyle master on the field.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2005, 11:44 PM #2
XMiSSion33X

has been a member for 10 years
XMiSSion33X is a Professional paintball player
i was actually very pleased with the reffing at this event....it has stepped up a lot from tampa

i cant recall one time i got upset at the refs, good job to all of them, i hope to see the same ones in SD
DC Arsenal #33
Old 07-26-2005, 11:50 PM #3
DenverKid
Someone S'd On The Coats

I was happy with all but the Spyder Field which was horrid for the most part.
Feedback
PBN PBR
Back from the dead, and still a freestyle master on the field.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM #4
synide

yea the sryder field was the worst
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 AM #5
Xplod_Junkie

I noticed that the spyder field refs were kinda a-holes, BUT I owuld have to give the award to the Chronic field.. the refs were lazy, blind, and completely retarded to boot.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:05 AM #6
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

The ref with the blue profiler was a idiot on the spyder field. i wish i saw him in public after the tourney. he didnt call some 1 out that i shot in the mask just because he didnt like me. I was at the other teams 40 and i knew that the reff saw the hit aswell but what ever. Also the chronic field...snake side reffs just sucked

Denver just sucks they should of had it in vegas
Old 07-27-2005, 07:57 AM #7
Hollywood33
Outlaw 4 Life

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start a reff thread.
Play Local - Buy Local - Support Paintball In Your Area
OLD FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751790
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 AM #8
ThkOwnsMadFools

well...

Im not really going to complain on the fact that this was my first national so I can't compare, and the fact that reffing is no fun/easy job but.........

Spyder Field - In 50 Knuckle of the snake in a 1v2 guy comes to bunker me I shoot him first ref makes a good call but then comes in to wipe off the hit on me, yet grabs my barrel (refs arn't supposed to affect your game play) while hes sitting there holding my barrel he didn't call me Nuetrual or allow me to continue play so guy on other team just walked down the field and shot me in the back... but hey whatcha gonna do...

Empire Field - Backplayer on my team took a hit in the pod (he carries 8+ pods) and the guy pulled a 1for1 saying it was an obvious hit... lol I'm sorry but I don't think they should hire some refs that most likely play rec-ball or maybe no paintball at all because everyone I know understands you cannot feel a hit on your pod or let alone see it....

These were the two fields that I noticed some wierd/bad calls on but again I know your job is hard and understand but seriously they gotta train the refs better or get ones that understand what the hell they are doing no offence. (this is not going out to every ref because I did see some very good calls/refs)

Hopefully a little better in SD

good luck everyone in SD,
Nick

Official Trauma Fan Club Member #00
Old 07-27-2005, 09:15 AM #9
KiKaLs
Yea, thats me

I really had no problem with reffing at all. On most of the fields they really seemed to be doing a great job. I did see a couple of refs not paying attention but that was far and few between.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:11 AM #10
Signal20
Who Me?

Signal20 is a Supporting Member
Signal20 plays in the PSP
Signal20 plays in the APPA D3 division
Overall the Reffing was good. Yes Hollywood You guys did good on the NPPL field...

The JT and Spyder field had some issues.

Our game against Shockwave Canada, the guy in the brick by the snake got shot a couple of times and no calls. I know for a fact because people watching the game saw paintballs break. Oh well we had them down to 2 players and it was a fun game..

The JT field the Ref on the South East side was scared of getting shot and if paint was coming her way she would flinch and back off. One of our guys bunkered a guy and moved on to shoot out another guy and then got lit up in the back. Well the guy he bunkered, up his whole left side, was amazingly clean. Hum go figure.

The last complaint I have is Chrono Refs. I was amazed how many times I saw a chrono ref shoot another teams gun and it would hit 310, 290, 306, 304, 293 and the Ref would let it go on the field. I thought that you couldnt hit over 300 at all. Our team made sure of it.

Just a couple of issues but overall the refs worked their butts off. On Saturday the NPPL Field Ran 67 games.. Thats just on Saturday. Thats a lot of games...

OLD PBN Feedback 12/0/0

Last edited by Signal20 : 07-27-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 AM #11
MKTPUB

I just came from the Denver Event and I must say it was the worst ever. I have attended them for the last year and a Ĺ and have to say I have no desire to go to any more.

The reffs interpretation of the rules on the Angel and Empire field was a joke these guys were 1 for 1 happy. You could not call for a paint check they said if you did it was a 1 for 1 and let me tell you they screwed many of team with this. I witnessed a few game were they called as many as three one for ones just because players were asking for paint checks. I canít believe that teams are paying entry that should be covering the so called reff school these choad are attending and then they all get the cute little matching ref shirts and think they are a big time reff. I spoke with so many teams that were very upset at the way they called games. Since when canít you call for a dam paint check? And now if your trying to be honest and ask for one you get a one for one called on you? All this will do is encourage player to cheat better because if they do try to ask to be checked they get screwed!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 AM #12
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTPUB
I just came from the Denver Event and I must say it was the worst ever. I have attended them for the last year and a Ĺ and have to say I have no desire to go to any more.

The reffs interpretation of the rules on the Angel and Empire field was a joke these guys were 1 for 1 happy. You could not call for a paint check they said if you did it was a 1 for 1 and let me tell you they screwed many of team with this. I witnessed a few game were they called as many as three one for ones just because players were asking for paint checks. I canít believe that teams are paying entry that should be covering the so called reff school these choad are attending and then they all get the cute little matching ref shirts and think they are a big time reff. I spoke with so many teams that were very upset at the way they called games. Since when canít you call for a dam paint check? And now if your trying to be honest and ask for one you get a one for one called on you? All this will do is encourage player to cheat better because if they do try to ask to be checked they get screwed!

i agree. send out a email to chuck letting him know how u feel
Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM #13
FatNick

yeah the spyder feild and the jt feild had pretty bad reffing. And the spyder feild probably set a new record for the most one for ones ever pulled in a single tournament.but my team still took first place.

First Place Atomix Nation D3
Old 07-27-2005, 11:20 AM #14
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTPUB

Ref 66 on the empire field was the worst. We were a team that had a player one for one'd for a paintball hitting him in the chest and not breaking. Ref 66 said it doesn't have to. Then another player take one to the side of the head and puts his gun down and ask did that break on the side of my head the ref (66) slides in and pulls another 1 for 1. So it comes down to a 2 on 2 and we lose a body and there guy runs through our guy hits him and our guys ref tells our guy to continue to play well here comes ref 66 running over to pull our last guy and the other ref said I called him clean due to the other player playing on. Dan Perez and Chuck will be getting the video footage of this.

Several of the fields did a great job but Ref. 66 could have taken a beating and I would not have stopped it.

Ref 66 You suck, we watched you reffing afterwards and you should not be there, you influenced just about every game we watched.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 AM #15
pbguy4ever
hobo in training

pbguy4ever plays in the APPA D5 division
i say we start a ref 66 hate club, haha, tht is just pitiful
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM #16
eniac101
Look Ma, No Hands!

Spider field was by far the worst. Actually had to stop and restart our game on that field due to a ref not making sure the other team had their masks on. It was fun showing them our breakout and then getting laned on the restart. Worst reffing ever...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM #17
dye*bmxer2001

dye*bmxer2001 is a Supporting Member
dye*bmxer2001 plays in the APPA beginner division
on saturday i witnessed some really crappy calls on the spider field too. they sucked on that field last year. i got pulled for a bs 1 for 1 then too. grr. feel sorry for those of you who played this year.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM #18
aliasballer26 (Banned)
TEXAS!

the reffing was AWESOME for the most part and a special thanks to JOE the cchrono ref from the angel field
thanks, TROUBLE
Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 PM #19
half

Chronic Field Snake Side
Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 PM #20
journeyman

oooo yes reffing was biased and horrid at same time

listen im sure the refs dont necessarily look at these forums but someone important does.

You really have to do something about these over the top gung ho wanna be refs that think they understand paintball after a crash course in the basic rules of reffing. The rules are not to be interpreted in any ol fashion.
just referee the tournament get paid and go home. Stop screwing these teams out of whats due to them. Dan you cant back refs who are blatantly abusing the system out here.

pulling one for ones because you dont know what else to do or you just get a kick outta doing it for no real apparent reason is just plain stupid. and its robbing paying teams from receiving fair calls by refs who either dont care or dont like this or that team. Things are gonna get outta hand one of these days and somebody is gonna catch it because you cant keep abusing the rules like that when reffing a team.

We are paying your salary refs so we Expect a straight up referred game.
not your woke up this morning with a vendetta... attitude. Teams really shouldnt rub reffs the wrong way considering they are reffing your games but at same time refs shouldnt favor teams and make false calls against another for that sake. The problem is these reffs can pull your band and make up anything and you have to leave by law. Wheres the accountability?
im not talking mistakes im talking errant calls made on purpose.

There should be a stiff reprimand for any refs purposely causing trouble or making errant calls to stiff another team out of a fair game. And it can only come from Chuck and Dan.

mistakes are gonna happen but there has to be a deterant for refs who like to play god with players games.

and yes those buttheads on spyder field were definitely a joke and a half.
laugh now but pay later. better shape up you guys.

We teams need to make a bigger noise together in order to get the powers that be moving on these serious issues.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 PM #21
hustler22

yea i would have to say the reffing was definetly up to par on most the fields that we played on except the spyder field. Our team got the shaft on sunday by a ref that shouldnt have been out there in the first place. We had two 1 for 1's pulled by the same ref in the same game and when asked to explain the calls like every ref does, he goes to the opposite side of the field. So therefor we get this awnser from a ref that came over to the deadbox. "He's only fifteen years old and this is his first event and he is just learning." ummmmm,...... Fifteen year old kids should not be allowed to ref a national event especially if it is his or her first, just because they went through the training does not qualify them to ref, it takes many years to fully know how to ref PROPERLY.

ENER-G Rapid Energy Shot