Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-11-2001, 04:18 PM #22
ES13Raven
Miso Horny

ES13Raven is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow Get this......

Paintball Central (TheMatrixCenter.com) just wrote me an email back:
"Yes the o-ring kits are made by aardark, no they are not urathane, they are the black buna(sp) ones. They kit has two to three replacement o-rings."

I thought the o-rings WERE urathane? How are these any better than the stock ones if they arn't??
Are the ones at Pevs urathane?
"Wipers deserve to be overshot"

Last edited by ES13Raven : 05-11-2001 at 04:34 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2001, 04:33 PM #23
WhataSpaz
Slacker 1st. Class

The o-rings that come standard with the gun are not urathane either. I had a chance to talk to a tech from Airtech at the Gettysburg NPPL. He told me that the buna o-ring kits (Aardvark's & the one at Pev's) "would seal better than the stock ones, making it function better." You can get urathane o-rings to put in but it's alot more expensive.
Old 05-12-2001, 02:17 AM #24
The Toyman

urathane orings are the milky looking ones you use on your tank. I have never seen a urathane oring that was not as stiff as a tank oring. They would not work on any moving parts in any gun because the oring does not have enough give. By the time you got a urathane oring to seal the bolt would be so stiff you couldnt move it. Has anybody else seen a black urathane oring. They are probably Viton orings rather than urathane.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-12-2001, 06:54 AM #25
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by The Toyman
urathane orings are the milky looking ones you use on your tank. I have never seen a urathane oring that was not as stiff as a tank oring. They would not work on any moving parts in any gun because the oring does not have enough give. By the time you got a urathane oring to seal the bolt would be so stiff you couldnt move it. Has anybody else seen a black urathane oring. They are probably Viton orings rather than urathane.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I have seen plenty of 'spongy' urethane o-rings. I have also seen the stiff kind.
They do have urethane O-ring kits for the Matrix and they are around 25 bucks I believe.
Viton orings are in the gun from the factory. Buna are the replacement ones that Aardvark sells along with the urethane ones. One set is cheaper than the other.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 05-12-2001, 07:02 AM #26
ES13Raven
Miso Horny

ES13Raven is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Paint_hore
Viton orings are in the gun from the factory. Buna are the replacement ones that Aardvark sells along with the urethane ones. One set is cheaper than the other.
How well do the Buna o-rings work compared to the urathane?
"Wipers deserve to be overshot"