PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:58 PM #1
cow_eater

woodsballer here..hooyah!

ok. i just joined this forum. ive been a member of spec. ops. paintball (woodsball) for a long while now. (over 300 posts..w00t) i am assuming this is more of an airball/speedball type forum. im ok with that. i joined mainly because i would like to see what you speed/airballers think about woods players, markers, and other stuff. obviously some people will use this as an excuse to flame, but i wantyour honest opinions about woodsballers.

now i am not going to point fingers at anyone but ive noticed there are conceptions woodsballers have about you and vice versa. personally i have this to say about speed/airballers:
at my local fields i've noticed most of them chrone their guns well over 300 fps, they overshoot, and bonus ball. they seem to be more prone to wiping. they assume a more expensive marker means they're a better player. they make fun of us woodsballers for wearing camo when they go into the woods with us and wear bright bright jerseys and clothes with shiny markers. and the one that irks me the most: they're always so quick to shoot down anyhting a woods player says about tippmann or anything else reguarding their nitch in the sport.

now please take into account i am not pointing fingers at anyone in these forums, these remarks are from observation. and please bear in mind i dont think all speedballers are like this. there are a few at my fields that i respect and reguard as awesome players.
gogging you at 50 yards....priceless
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2005, 12:31 AM #2
Cwhotrod311v2
iMX

i'm part of the spec ops too, but i play speedball the most. its not all airball and speedball in here.

but welcome to the forum

great to have you
Old 06-21-2005, 01:06 AM #3
Ap4thY
Its **!

yes welcome, interesting way to join the forums eh?

your opinions about speedballers is correct in some cases. especially about little kids who think theyre all bad and such

but you should consider the way some woodsballers act... they can be similar to what you just described.
"For rec play we use the surrender rule. Most players point their gun and shout "Bang". One time as a young player was the last on his team and his opponents were closing in, he jumped up, threw down his gun and ran off the field screaming "Bang me! Bang me! Just please don't hurt me!"
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
Old 06-21-2005, 05:39 PM #4
REXMAX

Welcome to the Nation. Be careful, your not in Kansas anymore. This place is nothing like the Spec Ops forum. Believe it or not some people here do not like woodsballers. Focus on the positive and ignore the hate.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:22 PM #5
cow_eater

yea, some of those are the opinions i wanna hear. lol to me, i dont see why people wouldnt like woodsballers, and im trying to figure out why they wouldnt. i know why i ldont like SOME speed/air and i said them, and im just curious bout the other side of the tracks ya know? thnx remax.
gogging you at 50 yards....priceless
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM #6
CptObvious
2A755 / 2A753

CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CptObvious supports Bob Gurnsey
Ah, Welcome to PBN...I won't say much more than that. (You should know who I am over at SpecOps).

I must honestly say this is the warmest welcome that I have seen anyone get on PBN. I mean it, too. I snoop around on the other topics on here and newer people to the forum get bashed way too much. Didn't think the Recball forum was worth it. (I stay in the Scenario/Big Game topic).

Well, anyways, welcome to PBN. But don't forget to keep visiting SpecOps and keeping it alive...well...thats not hard to do. Lol.
Headbangers on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by: The Vest Guy || ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers || St!ffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 AM #7
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
Welcome aboard! I must agree that this is one of the warmer welcomes I've seen at the Nation. Your observation is quite true, but sadly, I've dealt with plenty of "less than honorable" woodsballers as well. Speed or woods - just find the bad seeds and shoot at them.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Old 06-23-2005, 05:36 AM #8
Influence-Ebola
Its tough in the streets!

Influence-Ebola is a Supporting Member
Or find the bad seeds and bonus ball them. I must admit, that's the one nice thing about woodsball, if you hide well enough, you can shoot someone tons of times and they have no idea where it's coming from if you do it right.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 PM #9
Ishy_27
GWC 30

Ishy_27 plays in the PSP
Ishy_27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ishy_27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yeah im into speedball i have a timmy right now but getting a dm5 - but i got a A-5 for rec ball love to play both

Hespeler Hooligans '11
London Express 2007-2010

| Old Feedback | New feedback |
Old 06-27-2005, 07:23 PM #10
jareddawg90
I own Matt W.

jareddawg90 helped look for balloons
jareddawg90 is playing at Living Legends III
jareddawg90 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
jareddawg90 supports Team VICIOUS
jareddawg90 is for the Gunfight
even tho im a sup' air/ speedball tourny player i still like to get out into the woods and play some woodsball wearing camo and all but still carrying my shiny gun hehe. Welcome to pbnation.
Thomas Taylor fan club #88
XSV Fanclub #1062
IrishMafia
Proud member of the USAF active duty
Old 06-27-2005, 08:52 PM #11
ckecocker81
Rockin da Shocka

ckecocker81 is a Supporting Member
well, i started out woods, but when i went to airball, couldnt turn back.
STEELERS
Old 06-27-2005, 10:08 PM #12
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

...this is too warm a welcome......woodsball ****ing sucks

jk jk, welcome to PBN. Most of us are stuck up speedballers who will flame sombody is they own anything less than an ion, anybody who wears camo, ect.. O yeah, word of the wise, THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND AND READ THE STICKIES, IT WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:59 PM #13
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

welcome to the nation. my names mark. and i'll more then likly be flaming you sometime in the future j.k j.k

i started off playing woods then after a day i moved to speedball and haven't gone back

i actually was part owner of a woodsball feild. but then we were being threatened to be sued by environmentelists (sp?) so we had to shut down. they said we were destroying nature :S even tho out of 3 weeks of being open the most "damage" done was maybe a bunch of branches being broken and leaves being ripped/torn off

Last edited by Black_Acid : 06-28-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:54 AM #14
time2kil
futbol ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhildreth
Welcome aboard! I must agree that this is one of the warmer welcomes I've seen at the Nation. Your observation is quite true, but sadly, I've dealt with plenty of "less than honorable" woodsballers as well. Speed or woods - just find the bad seeds and shoot at them.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:14 PM #15
ole_just
-rawr-

Welcome to pbnation =]. I started out in woods ball and still do play woodsball at times, but mainly speedball now. Your right about the bonus balling and wiping I've seen alot of that, but I haven't seen anyone shooting over 300FPS (maybe thats just who I've played with?). But anyways yeah it seems like speedballers are more stuck up and unwilling to converse with anyone they don't already know, where as woodballers will help others fix their equipment or make new friends and what not. Plus woodballers play the honor system and it actually works, too bad we can do that in speedball
Twitter : @JKFortySeven