PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 09:03 AM #1
Ninthgoose

has been a member for 10 years
Wink

A quick question. I play back or mid field in our tourney team. I currently use an autocoker, but tend to find the rate of fire lacking. I recently had a quick play with an Eclipsed Bushmaster. The marker felt nice, light and dam fast. I could not really gauage the accuracy as it was raining badly and was windy.

So to the realy question, most remarks i have seen put bushmasters as front player markers. Well, how are they for ranged accuracy? And are they suitable for a back player, ie whats the gass consumption like?

All comments apreciated. Especialy is someone own and eclipsed bushmaster. as this is my current move option.
( See http://www.paintballplanet.co.uk/infoeclipse1.html )

Thanks Ninthgoose

WWW.PAINTBALLPAGES.COM
Bronze Angel LCD 2001
Angel Air
Autococker 2000 on Co2.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2001, 04:20 PM #2
Mercalez

Mercalez is a Supporting Member
Yeah they are very accurate at long ranges. I went from a cocker to a bm2k and can't tell any difference but i'm a front player so most of my action is 20 yards or closer. But yeah it's a great gun for a back player, as well as a front player. It's a universal gun.

!
Become a Supporting Member. Click here!
Back in the states..good to be back -_-
Old 04-12-2001, 08:25 PM #3
smurf
The Almighty Smurfzilla

I own and love my bushmaster... rof and accuracy are great! my only complaint is efficency! i get just over 600 shots from a 68/3000 w/ my bushy. the same tank shoots about 850 on my 2k1 angel.

smurf.
Old 04-21-2001, 07:57 PM #4
kruppert
What did you expect?

They are really good guns from anywhere on the field. The stock barrel is ok for front players but if your playing mid or back you need a diff. barrel. I suggest a OTP or a freak. the boomsticks are also great barrels. they are really accurate and can spray some paint.
BM2K #5715
eVolution
3K 68 ci. Flatline
Clear Dye Stickies
Totally Tricked M98
Old 04-22-2001, 07:39 PM #5
Big_Dog6484
ToTal Chaos NJ

i play back man and i love my defiant, however, i just put all the sonic stuff on it to get longer range (higher flow) and next is a freak kit, but this gun has never let me down....it's a good choice!

Big Dog- Team ToTal Chaos

:mad:<>>Team Total Chaos<<>:mad:

Blue splashed defiant:Sonic LPR, RED Valve, Eclipse high-rise, KAPP A.S.A with silver gladiator reg,Blue LED, Splash job,Eclipse bolts(which i never use), 14 inch all american silver freak with a stainless back piece, 88cu. armageddon with a blue lok sok and dz II
Old 04-22-2001, 07:58 PM #6
GreenDefiant

Defiant

I just got my Defiant and played a little bit of every position today

I found when playing back, that it worked great. It gives out a good, steady stream of cover.

In Middle play, it rocked! It has the speed to cover your moves, and I made some great shots w/ its accuracy.

Front play was the same, it was awesome.
Old 04-24-2001, 07:34 PM #7
rotorhead

accuracy is more dependent on paint to barrel match than anything else, since these are low pressure guns stock if you get a good paint to barrel match it will be as accurate as any other out there.
Old 04-25-2001, 01:34 PM #8
Ninthgoose

Low pressure? How do they compare to cockers etc/

How to the bushmaster compare to the cocker for pressures.
Low pressure markers put less spin on the ball, as they dont cause the ball to deform in the barrel like angels and other high pressure markers. This is what is said to help give the autococker such good accuracy as well as its consistency.
I know the cockers are very low, but how to the bushmasters compare, and does this mean they eat gass, like a shocker?

All views very greatfully recieved. cheers.

WWW.PAINTBALLPAGES.COM
Bronze Angel LCD 2001
Angel Air
Autococker 2000 on Co2.
Old 04-25-2001, 02:11 PM #9
Big_Dog6484
ToTal Chaos NJ

they doo eat gas, but not as much as a shocker, but they only eat gas if you have the aftermarket internals to get the pressure lower. the reason for the longer range is that it's a very high flow and that's what give the bushy its power.......it's a very simple design and they are also reliable too........personally i think it's really the best valve on the market right now! there are so many mods for the gun and they are cheap! i would advise anyone to try a hooked up bushy before deciding on a gun to purchase......

Blue splashed defiant:Sonic LPR, RED Valve, Eclipse high-rise, KAPP A.S.A with silver gladiator reg,Blue LED, Splash job,Eclipse bolts(which i never use), 14 inch all american silver freak with a stainless back piece, 88cu. armageddon with a blue lok sok and dz II
Old 04-25-2001, 03:08 PM #10
Ninthgoose

Eclipsed Bushmaster

I basically have the choice of an eclipsed cocker, an eclipsed bushmaster or an angel LCD.
I currently run a cocker 2k on Co2. But i have found i tend to twist my wrist when i am pulling the trigger. I also find that i want a faster rate of fire.

I have tried and angel and it was dam nice, though it was with the stock barrel, and cheap paint. The accuracy was ok on a five man field, but i have not had a chance ot get it tried out over some longer ranges.

I also had a quick try with a bushmaster and found that to be similar to the angel and seemed to be a bit better in accuracy, this was an eclipsed bushmaster with a boomstick.

I like the cockers for their simplicity but i have to say i want the fire rate and speed of the trigger.
I play as a backmarker and i tend to find the accuracy of the cocker to be good, but the rate of fire is just not enough to keep people in behind their bunckers.

So back to the point, how gas hungry are they? Ie from a 3000 psi 1.1 tank, how many shots?

WWW.PAINTBALLPAGES.COM
Bronze Angel LCD 2001
Angel Air
Autococker 2000 on Co2.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:18 PM #11
Big_Dog6484
ToTal Chaos NJ

what size tank? 68,47,88, 114? It shouldn't matter anyway because if your at a field, you can just keep refilling them..........and it also depens on how much u shoot a game.....i like my 88cu. 4500 geddon...i can get a couple of games off with that tank...but honestly......go with the eclipse bushy cause they are more accurat and i feel that it is a better product. That's just my opinion

Old 04-25-2001, 03:29 PM #12
rotorhead

there are some people that have gotten them to arond 180psi at 280fps, that is low, mine curently is running around 250psi at 280fps, as far as eating gas, I run a 3000psi 114ci tank I can get almost a case of paint (2000 rnds) out of it, it is very effecient. I have the Sonic LPR, Gladiator HPR as air upgrades. As far as putting less wobble on the ball, that has been proven false, the paintballs are not like water balloons and don't deform as such, like previously thought, so that is not a factor. The only thing that may assist in cockers being more accurate is because the ball has settled (closed bolt) before the air pushes the ball out, but the barrel to paint size match has more of an effect on accuracy than anything. The only difference in an eclipse is the milling and the HPR (and cost!) and barrel, those you should upgrade anyway.
Old 04-26-2001, 08:26 AM #13
alnen

The're great for anywhere. A very versatile gun.
-Alnen
Old 04-29-2001, 07:06 PM #14
dweazel
Team Thrash

I shoot a bushy and i play back mostly, it works great when i am playing back, good accuracy, etc... I also play up front occasionally, and it works great for that too. just use a shorter barrel and you are good to go.
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-06-2001, 06:31 PM #15
Ken
Young Gun

I am pretty much a front player, but I have played back with my Bushy. I think they work great for any position. They are accurate and have a high ROF. It worked great when I played back. They are defenitely a versatile gun..

*SOLD* Green Bushmaster 2000 w/ 12" Dye Boomstick

Midway Paintball Referee
Old 05-07-2001, 03:38 PM #16
Ninthgoose

Time will tell

Well i just bought an angel lcd as it was on offer at an extremely good price with an angel air system. But i still intend to purchase a bushmaster in the near future as a second. My cocker 2k is now becoming a project marker for some fancy milling and some custom work.

Thanks for all the post, my final conclusion, Bushmaster are like good in anyposition and with a good barrel paint match are as accurate as any other.

WWW.PAINTBALLPAGES.COM
Bronze Angel LCD 2001
Angel Air
Autococker 2000 on Co2.
Closed Thread