Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2005, 01:33 AM #1
volcomboi
THinKiN oUtsiDE THe boX

volcomboi is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question How much of my ram can be milled!!!

Hey guys I need help with my ram. I sent it into djpandaboy to have it milled. I told him to mill as much as possible even though it will throw the dwell off but I don't care cuz I'm not going to use my o3 till the tboard comes out. I dont have pics so please bear with me as I try toi describe the situation as best as possible. I was wondering if the biggest part of the ram (the center part that you put the allen screw into) can be milled. Only one side could be milled on the part of the ram I'm describing and I was wondering if that would cause the ram to cycle less smooth or sparatically. If someone can post pics (cuz I dont know how) of the ram it would hep and I would appreciate it alot. Pimpedjt, proballa I could really use ur guys help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2005, 03:07 AM #2
FL Native

why would you do that and not know the outcome lol or have dwell cable wow and then there is(Odyssey)that thinks no one knows but them to operate a gun. why are we liable or we cant do what thaere techs do is why they dont releae ability to ajust dwell. just farking give us waht we want WTF.

we allready dont care were the cable attaches to the board or were ever(dataport) and will do anything to make our guns better but yet you (dwell) on saying you wont give us what was originally advertised. the data cable to ajust our guns on the assumtion that we will void the warrantee just give us the farking were advertised to get (cable) allready.

maybe i should start posting there PM from tex1 again in every forum.

stop the bullshiat. give us what you prommised.

you took out our cables and software from the original guns and bolt thats farked up. just send us the stuff or sell it to us either way.

there getting to be worse than spurlock at this point.
i call now and then just to get a laugh. new lie like above is that we will fark up are guns lmao.

is why they havent given us our cables and software to do it ourselves.

give us our stuff that came with our guns dont worry we ill fix it. dont need to wait for you to do it. since we have al been waiting almost 2 years WTF.
48/3000 HPA

Last edited by FL Native : 05-20-2005 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:26 AM #3
CagnoniDude259

Quote:
Originally posted by FL Native
why would you do that and not know the outcome lol or have dwell cable wow and then there is(Odyssey)that thinks no one knows but them to operate a gun. why are we liable or we cant do what thaere techs do is why they dont releae ability to ajust dwell. just farking give us waht we want WTF.

we allready dont care were the cable attaches to the board or were ever(dataport) and will do anything to make our guns better but yet you (dwell) on saying you wont give us what was originally advertised. the data cable to ajust our guns on the assumtion that we will void the warrantee just give us the farking were advertised to get (cable) allready.

maybe i should start posting there PM from tex1 again in every forum.

stop the bullshiat. give us what you prommised.

you took out our cables and software from the original guns and bolt thats farked up. just send us the stuff or sell it to us either way.

there getting to be worse than spurlock at this point.
i call now and then just to get a laugh. new lie like above is that we will fark up are guns lmao.

is why they havent given us our cables and software to do it ourselves.

give us our stuff that came with our guns dont worry we ill fix it. dont need to wait for you to do it. since we have al been waiting almost 2 years WTF.
dude, u still want your service/customer susport from odyssey dont you? well if they even think about selling one smart parts will shut them down in a heartbet....they have a patent on the data cable...odyssey has 6 of them at the factory well thats what the guy at the odyssey tent said he also said we will never see one
Old 05-20-2005, 01:08 PM #4
PimpedJT3.5
Brutal.

PimpedJT3.5 is a Supporting Member
Um, why would SP have a patent on a data cable? Thats the stupidest thing I have heard. By the way, you can get cables that fit at Radio Shack, it's the programming that they dont have.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM #5
CRaKeR
U WiSH U WeRe ME

k let me clarify this...first off FL you need to use spell check ... lol ... its not that SP has the patent on the cable they have the patent on reprogrammable boards. Which influenced odyssey away from the cable to avoid any problems. And as far as milling the fat part of the ram is not a smart idea because it acts a guide really. The only thing you could do would be mill out rings but you would have to put in o-rings in there so there is really no point in doing that.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:28 PM #6
CagnoniDude259

cracker u get my pm? oh well i knew smart parts had a patent on something that was keeping odyssey from realeasing the data cable, why dont yall just make little flash cards/chips and that way u wont be "reprogramming the board" you will just changing the settings
Old 05-20-2005, 05:12 PM #7
G_cookie_8
Doing What I Do

G_cookie_8 plays in the PSP
G_cookie_8 supports Cereal Killerz 2
G_cookie_8 helped look for balloons
G_cookie_8 is an NCPA player
Ya I wouldn't do any milling on the middle guide part. I dont think they pros would outway the cons. It would make the ram slightly less stable while cycling and you wont be able to mill very much weight off anyways.

08 Origins Ego F/S
Old 05-20-2005, 09:44 PM #8
PimpedJT3.5
Brutal.

PimpedJT3.5 is a Supporting Member
Why would SP patent that technology if they dont even use it?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:10 PM #9
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

hence SP nazi. If Smart Parts would have gotten all that they wanted in their pattent issue days the industry would have stalled. This is not just MY oppion, its many field owner and store owners also. Its alot more indepth, so dont quote me on anything.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:14 AM #10
plookalike

yes, sp claimed they had rights to markers with a electronic microswitch and a couple other things which I'm blanking on at the moment. If the guns included these specifications, sp threatened to sue the makers, and hence forced many companies to sign contracts saying they would pay sp $25 for every marker made that infringed the patent. a few companies didn't agree and stopped making the markers(AKA for example has stopped production on their excals and vikings).

Whats funny is that the guy who developped this technology for sp actually was not contracted with them and was just a freelancer who gave it to them for a buck or two. There were no logs of him ever working for sp. This man then went and was hired by WDP. He obviously produced the same type of marker for WDP. Because this technology was produced by an employee of WDP, sp actually had no rights to it. But then WDP pulled a low blow and went around and sued any proshops(at least in wisconsin) selling sp guns.

Point of story, SP isn't the only company that should be hated. WDP sued basically innocent companies, including my local proshop and field.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 AM #11
EvilJon88

Mill a 1/4 of the Ram