Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2003, 10:54 PM #1
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

has been a member for 10 years
spyder reg question

my friends has a gen-x reg on his autococker and i was wanting to know if i could get one on my spyder shutter like as a foregrip and would that be better than an expansion chamber? what expansion chamber would work best with accuracy and overall on my shutter? thans a mil

jason
Old 01-07-2003, 09:20 AM #2
milf350

Don't bother getting another expansion chamber it won't make any difference over the stock one. The Gen-X reg will work better than an expansion chamber, but there are better regs out there than the Gen-X.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 01-07-2003, 09:48 AM #3
Grimm_Vipyor
Im a sponge

It'll work fine, you can put any reg on your spyder. YOu can find better ones for the prce though, alot better ones.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:52 PM #4

Yeah, he is right. A regulater will give you more shots, make your volocity stable and work just as good as an expansion chamber.
If you want i like the MACdev gladiator but im not shure if it will go on a spyder i get +2- for my volocity jump.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:03 PM #5
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
actually, only get the reg if your using air. these guys are wrong when they say regs work better than x-chambers cuz they have two different functions. expansion chambers expand liquid co2 into gas, regulators regulate the output pressure. you can use a reg as a foregrip, but shutters already have one attached to the ASA I thought... anyways, if you want a reg, get a different one. the gen-x are over-priced and better quality ones can be found for the same price.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-09-2003, 12:33 AM #6
adrenalinwhipped
"Jackie Chan Style"

better ones such as? and would i run a lower pressure bcuzx i have 2 regs? or would it even out the same???

thanks

jason
Old 01-09-2003, 01:04 AM #7
milf350

The shutter does have a reg on the bottomline, but considering that you pay around $220 for a new shutter and a decent reg cost say $90 do you really think the reg that the shutter comes with is gonna be any good? The regs I was talking about were like SideWinders and Stabilizers, and they both WILL WORK BETTER than Expansion Chambers using air or CO2. Double regulating will work out to be the same pressure, and most of the time will help it to be more consistent.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 01-09-2003, 07:42 PM #8
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
double ragging happens if you use n2, triple reg chokes your gun of air UNLESS, the middle reg is highflow (then it does nothing)

a reg on a shutter is actually quite good.

besides the Palmer stabalizer, it has been proven regs WONT expand c02 like x-chambers. Regs are just hoses on the inside, expansion chambers are multi stage chambers on the inside.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-09-2003, 08:49 PM #9
vtachrn

Regulator vs. Expansion Chamber.

First off, the stock reg on any kingman product has never impressed my at all. In my opinion, it not even much of a reg. Ever taken one apart? Very primitive at best.

The second question I would ask. Is what do you plan on running in the near future? If your going to use CO2, make sure that the regulator you buy, can handle CO2. Some of them cannot and will cause it malfunction.

If your going to use Nitro. A regulator such as a Vigilante is the best buy. They run about $50. You can purchase them preset for high pressure. Which if you plan on placing this on a spyder or any kind of blowback marker, you need a high pressure high flow reg.

Another question that I want you to ask your self. What is your budget like? Would you better off sticking with a cheap expansion chamber/front grip and using the money for a nicer barrel?
I have seen some of these guys with $100 regs on a $100 marker. See a problem with that?

If you want to read reviews about regs and expansion chambers go to:

www.pbreview.com

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:17 PM #10
wdp-whatever

Just stick with what you have
Old 01-09-2003, 09:19 PM #11
vtachrn

Thumbs up yup!

Best advice yet.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:08 PM #12
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
Re: yup!

Quote:
Originally posted by vtachrn
Best advice yet.
thats just cuz he took my post, and shortened it into 1 sentence.

-Terry Eagleton