Gun For New Front Man - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: What is the best gun for a front player?
Impulse w/ Vision 8 25.00%
2003 B2k w/ PDS 2 6.25%
Cocker 5 15.63%
Timmy 12 37.50%
Other 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-01-2003, 08:20 PM #1
xxbmxnboardxx

has been a member for 10 years
Question Gun For New Front Man

Hey guys, needed some help, and figured this was my best bet. This year, I'm gonna try and get on a team. The local team tryouts are in March, and I'm going to practice my butt off until then, but I am in desperate need of a new gun, and my parents said they'd buy anything, so I gotta take advantage. Whats a good gun for front players, (not tall, balanced, etc.) The ones in the poll are some people have suggested, if you select other, tell me what and why becuase this is VERY important to me. Thanks a bunch guys!!
OOO, man, thats a nice cocker u got there. How much money did u put in it? really? wow, yeah, 2000 is a lot....hey, whats that colored mark on it? o yeah, thats where i shot ur @$$ with my shutter! HAHA!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2003, 01:42 AM #2
Cold_Front05
Ooooohhhhh...Scary!!!

Well, i think that you should try out different markers and see which ones fit you best.

Personally, I enjoy the feel of a cocker, and if money isn't an option, and you want to be able to really rip on the trigger, get an electro cocker (one with an eblade conversion)

If you can't afford an electro cocker, I would then suggest either a matrix or timmy, i personally have had bad experiences with bushys and impys.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:11 PM #3
Ironfist

yo...the intimidator is prolly ur best bet...specially for front..i have a gz timmy and im gettin far up real quick and bouncin from bunker to bunker easily without even gettin noticed..The dragon is 2.3 pounds..the gz is 2.5..and the reg 2002 timmy is the same...they are all top the line guns i love my gz...its quiet..very accurate..and fast...u definately will need a good hopper to keep up..but thats my opinion...out of all those id pick that..plus cockers are usually heavy..so i wouldn't take that for a front
Old 01-04-2003, 07:08 PM #4
Cold_Front05
Ooooohhhhh...Scary!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironfist
plus cockers are usually heavy..so i wouldn't take that for a front
I guess that you haven't held anything but a stock cocker lately. There are a great many cockers that actually weigh less than your GZ, like a SFL, a Works, and the Revenge Limited (technically not a cocker, but you get the point). My point is that cockers can be every bit as light as most electros, so that isn't the best way to choose.

Last edited by Cold_Front05 : 01-04-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:00 PM #5
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

i am a front man and i have a classic timmy but in about 4 months i am getting a 2k2 timmy. i love timmys, they are light, balanced, fast, reliable, accurate, ect. markers. your best plan would have to be to get a 2k2 or a GZ timmy.
i am on the tourny team ofthe puffin penguins( 3 man) i am the front player and have a classic timmy with delrin bolt, 12v rev/x-board, dye boomstick, Pure Energy 68/45 nitro tank, pmi drop, timmy low rise, soon to have a clamshell.

soon to have a ironman timmy with egg2or HaloB, freak with all-american front and steel back, 68/45 maxflow nitro tank, cp drop, and the reast of the upgrades are to be desided on.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:17 PM #6
Black Ice 72
Banned

This poll is nonsense! Comparing a timmy to those guns.

No contest, no contest.

::simulation::

"Hey dooooods, just got my new cocker and I'm going to play front and snap like a mofo"

(3... maybe 4 chops later)

"Dude, WGP SOO sent me a lemon, I was shooting like 30 bps, so sweet, this cocker is"

-----------

"Hello, boyfriend, I just got my new BM2k, so sexy, isnt it? Watch me shoot it."

(+-30 fps later)

"So consistant, man. You should have seen it, ball on top of ball"

------------

"I just called Smart Parts but nobody picked up. I sent them 27 e-mails over the past 2 years and I haven't gotten a response. SO i went ahead and bought an impulse. It shoots great but I had a minor leak. Smart Parts is soo cool, they must be at a big tournament or something, thats why they havent gotten back to me"

-----------

"Hey, Ollie Lang... Oh, what's that? I can be on your team and take your spot? What? yes, intimidators are the best, i know. Bob Long? I masterbate to his hairy ***. So nice, so nice"

Now guys, these are REAL conversations, so don't go doubting me or anything
Old 01-04-2003, 11:05 PM #7
Mike77

why would you want to know from us, go to your local field and try them out, an onknown guys opinion on which marker to buy doesnt make a difference.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:05 AM #8
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

thankyou Mike77. everyone read my thread, its called "stop"
i am on the tourny team ofthe puffin penguins( 3 man) i am the front player and have a classic timmy with delrin bolt, 12v rev/x-board, dye boomstick, Pure Energy 68/45 nitro tank, pmi drop, timmy low rise, soon to have a clamshell.

soon to have a ironman timmy with egg2or HaloB, freak with all-american front and steel back, 68/45 maxflow nitro tank, cp drop, and the reast of the upgrades are to be desided on.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:57 PM #9
FreeTriall2002
Evil Winz

FreeTriall2002 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If money isn't an issue, get an IR3 or IR3 Fly. Most excellent guns, lightweight, fast, and accurate(for close in front guys...not a long-baller gun). I bought my very first IR3 last year, and i've never even looked back. Get a Halo/eVLution II hopper to keep up with it tho, or get Intellifeed system installed.

Or, if you prefer a quiet "sneaky" gun, get anything from AKALMP. Excalibur's are deadly silent, and accurate at medium ranges, but for a front man that's not really an issue.

Like others already stated, don't listen to us 100%, as we're all biased against/for a certain gun. Go to a field, ask if you can try some guns out, find what works WITH you, and look into that gun further. When you finally do decide, come back and tell us what gun you went with.

"The only thing necassary for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."
Old 01-05-2003, 04:54 PM #10
MikeH.
Banned

Screw the IR3, if you're going high end then why dont you just buy a 2k2 Timmy or a GZ Timmy and be done with it. With a timmy you will get everything that an IR3 has at a cheaper price ($200-$700 saved) Youl'll get a fast, accurate, efficient, god looking marker for less price.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:40 PM #11
automagsrule
LOIC

naturally, i would have said timmy without even looking at the other ones.

but this time: impulse + vision + maxflo = sweet front man.
my teammate got one of these, oh wow, thats all i can say.

just to warn you: call smart parts and ask for all the repair stuff you think you might need BEFORe something goes wrong, cuz they never seem to return your calls when your impy craps out.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 01-06-2003, 10:11 AM #12
TimmyDude73
puffin penguins rule

imps suck compaired to timmys.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:45 PM #13
bgnorm69
Vagatarian

bgnorm69 is a Supporting Member
good marker for front man

a gz timmy with a warp feed give them nothing but barrell to shoot at!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 04:46 PM #14
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Impulse, light and fast and half the price.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:20 AM #15
RefuseandResist
Anarchist

id say get an excalibur

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think. --Adolf Hitler
Old 01-08-2003, 04:38 PM #16
Element_Fire
Chillin at the 50

I have a b2k2...tried playing front...i tucked...beleive me i tuckexc...and i was still taking hopper hits....i play mid now...dotn get a b2k or other bushy for playing front. i would say timmy though just because of the speed and the height
Old 01-09-2003, 10:58 AM #17
Chris_Dye

Take a look at Palmer's Pursuit shop Blazers... smallest gun you can find, works just like a cocker... check the palmer forum on pbnation.
Blue Body Silver splash anno w/ all nickel highlights
Old 01-09-2003, 05:38 PM #18
Thor the Mighty
LUMMANUM DEE DUM

im taking it that the "anything" term has its limitations. so, i suggest getting a used emag. they are less than timis and can kick the crap out of them too. they are smaller, faster, and just look sweet as hell. make sure you get nitro, a good motor hopper, and the level 10 bolt. go to www.automags.org and search their for sale forum. good luck.