PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 10:56 PM #22
Poke On A Stick

has been a member for 10 years
cocker i dont believe i said the nppl or any seceries for that matter but they are making a come back in the gts.
shocktech df
12 vt revy
Old 08-24-2001, 11:06 PM #23
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
Listen, I agree that the Mag is not as good as other guns now. The Cocker is better. It's outperformed by tons of electros. However, I own one, and I still love it. Most of the people around this area use Mags. I couldn't truthfully say they're dead. At least not yet. Give it 5 years, and it could be a different story.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 08-24-2001, 11:16 PM #24
Timmay

poke on the stick if by long ballers u mean back players that is the dumbest thing i heared that back players are wimps and would be more useful if they move up. u never play in a tournament or u would know that there is a reason why back players don't "go bunker someone" off the break maybe that's true when u are a rec player but it's alot different when u play tournaments.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:53 PM #25
Reklats

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamEpidemic
the mag will always be a favorite among rec ballers for it's quietness, accuracy, high rate of fire....
Quietness? I was in the same bunker with a kid with a mag a while ago. Clack-clang clack-clang clack-clang.... the thing almost made me deaf. Mini-mags look kinda cool. At least they have that going for them. Accuracy....join the club... rof...no...

That nitro kid thinks he can fire his pirhana faster than a mag. See what kind of impression mags make on people?
Old 08-25-2001, 12:03 AM #26
TeamEpidemic
$10 Shoe!

all the mags i've ever seen made a "poof" sounds when shot, ultra quiet...well, what do people, look for in a gun??? accuracy, with the right barrel, it's just as accurate as any other gun..efficiency...mags are pretty efficient.....rate of fire..mags do have a high recharge rate and do fire pretty fast with the right person on the trigger...durabilit..mags are made of steel, super strong, super durable..mags barely ever break on you (frequently breaking mag is the exception, not the rule)....all the things a recballer or tourney player could want in this gun, whether you like it or not, mags are decent guns for a decent price
Boston Paintball Supply
----------
Impulse
Old 08-25-2001, 12:19 AM #27
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
OK, but in GT's most people play with rec guns. Not high class guns. So that's why there is more in GT's
Old 08-25-2001, 12:44 AM #28
Nitro

poke

i highly doubt your mag can outshoot my marker, unless u got a e-mag or you added a electric frame. i just about shot every mag, classic, powerfeed, minimag, pro team micro mag rt, diggers vertical feed mag,and a rt.

i'm not trying to dis mags, all im saying is its not for me. i'd use 1 over a spyder any day, also over a stock stanard and vf cocker, nu-lines,brass,jt,viewloaders,and griffins
Old 08-25-2001, 03:12 AM #29
crebbel
R E V O L U T I O N

I absolutly hate mags. the only one i would ever shoot is an E-mag because they are electric. Mags cant compare to any gun ive ever seen. I think mags will die in at least 3-5 years. This is all my opinion though, so get on down.

Team:
Dumping Zone - Fraction - Super Sneaky Secret Sniper Ninjas-SnapOut - PbFanatics.com - Whack Factory - REVOLUTION
Old 08-25-2001, 03:15 AM #30
Impulse
Yeah mags suck anyway. You can't use co2 on them and they aren't that great on air. Rt's are really big gas hogs and the only thing they got is the e-mag and the flatline nitrogen system. They're warp feed isjn't bad either. But seriously I can't name any pro paintballer that uses a normal mag (not an e-mag like jax warriors). Of farret you aren't on Insanity yet.

Old 08-25-2001, 10:39 AM #31
Lite Em Up Good

Mags are not dead at all. There popularity has just declined on the pro tournament teams. And thats what you see in magazines. If you go to any field or local tounie or maybe even lower levels of some series mags are popular. Also AGD only sponsers 1-3 teams, (im not sure, so dont quote me,) so thats another reason you dont see them often. the Jax warriors are doing very well with the e-mag. Rec ballers the majority of the sport use mags, due to thier reliability. Use it, throw in a closet, take it out whenever and its good to go. I reccomend to everyone i know to get a mag as their first gun, instead of a spyder/ pirranah or m98, because mags are BETTER than them. Anyone who knows anything about paintball can agree with me on this. Theres always one ignorant person who has to say stuff, like mags or dead or my spyder can shoot faster than an angel mag or cocker, but just ignore them. There still in the newbie satge. Viva El MAG
-68 Ci 3000psi Air America Me'lee
-Total Freak system Cocker and Angel backs. Silver tip.
- Many Other Things
Old 08-25-2001, 10:45 AM #32
Reklats

Re: poke

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
i highly doubt your mag can outshoot my marker, unless u got a e-mag or you added a electric frame. i just about shot every mag, classic, powerfeed, minimag, pro team micro mag rt, diggers vertical feed mag,and a rt.

i'm not trying to dis mags, all im saying is its not for me. i'd use 1 over a spyder any day, also over a stock stanard and vf cocker, nu-lines,brass,jt,viewloaders,and griffins
Ok, I'm sorry I ever made a reference to a statement made by the above mentioned newbie. No, your pirhana can't outshoot a mag. Any mag. I see you have yet to realize your pirhana is really a spyder clone (I don't care who was first) with PLANNED OBSOLESCENSE. That's something mags don't have. You can put 10 cases through a mag without it breaking, which is more than you can say about your average pirhana.

The emag... I dunno. There's this lady at a field I go to... someone starts dissing mags... so she whips out her emag to prove them wrong, fires half a hopper really fast to try to impress them, and ends up chopping 3-5 balls.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:43 AM #33
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i had a mag for a while & i loved it. the only reason i sold it was so i could get an ebolt kit for my 98. i'm not sorry i did it because the ebolt is very nice, but i am seriously thinking about getting another one in the near future.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
Old 08-25-2001, 01:50 PM #34
Impulse
Yeah but a pirhanna shouldn't shoot faster than a mag cause mags cost 5 times more. I just thing mags are bad.

Old 08-25-2001, 01:54 PM #35
Nitro

Reklats

reklat bet you havent even tried the new piranhas, and calling me a newbie just makes you even stupider. i've been playing for years and shot more then 10 cases though it with out even having to have to change a o-ring except on the tank. mags trigger pull are way heaver then that of a fish and double trigger jsut makes it that much easier to throw more bps.

sh*t my post was not to bash the mag but some of these people are complete a**holes. all i said was it wasnt for me. get taht through your head, i am not bashing.

oh ya by the way im pullin 13bps and theres been rumors of 15bps completely stock.
Old 08-25-2001, 02:03 PM #36
Impulse
I hate the sound of the mag, I just think the mag was one of the top guns and now it isn't. Like eventually the cocker will be like a mag, and someday maybe the angel.

Old 08-25-2001, 02:13 PM #37
TeamEpidemic
$10 Shoe!

sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not shooting 13 bps with a pirhana or a mag...angel, maybe..shocker,maybe if you had a rip kit......excalibur maybe...but no way will you ever be able to shoot that fast with either of them guns..9bps max is about what you should get if you're ripping on the trigger....
Boston Paintball Supply
----------
Impulse
Old 08-25-2001, 02:41 PM #38
EightTrack
Stocker

I don't think people realize how freakin' fast 13 bps is! Besides your hopper couldn't keep up. No Piranha can shoot that fast, that's not my opinion, that's fact!
Old 08-25-2001, 06:21 PM #39
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Think about this..........

PGP.... made before mag..... people still use PGP..... so if in say 10 years, people still use Mag... is mag dead??? nope. there are still people who will use it,
Old 08-25-2001, 07:44 PM #40
Nitro

no hopper can keep up? how bout i jsut prove you wrong. 12v with warped sports turbo revy board is up to 16bps and warp feed feeds more then 13bps also. i had it checked at a chrono and it counted bps also
Old 08-25-2001, 07:49 PM #41
Impulse
Believe me 2/3's of the peiple who have mag will not in say 2-3 years. Thats how it will be. My teamates mag will seruiusly brake 1/3 of the time we play. All it does is chop and it is so inaccurate.

Old 08-25-2001, 08:05 PM #42
Python14
I have heard so many stupid things from people. On both sides of the arguement as well. People say the mag is not a "good gun". Define good? A gun is only as good as the player who holds it. A good player w/ a PGP and 2 tubes(20 rounds overall for the less enlightened) can easily be more effective than a so so player with an Angel,Bushy,Impulse, etc w/ an infinite amount of paint. Your guns means jack when the player sucks. All gunss do the exact same thing, shoot paintballs. "It's doesn't matter the color of the cat as long as it can catch the mouse" It doesn't matter how it gets done, as long as it gets done. You seem to also forget that just because the pros don't use it, that it doesn't work. How small minded are you? I've seen your type before though, in the staging area whiping my paint off they're masks. YA see, you forget that their are thousands upon thousands of rec ballers who use mags. I know it's been said but you still haven't understood it. Mags still sell, are still used, and are still in plenty of tournies. I am willing to wager that I will never sell or quit using my mag for the rest of my life, and I'm willing to put my life savings on it. That means the mag will not die for another 70 or so years. Next time, watch what you insult, because ya never know who might be holding it.

Closed Thread