PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 02:17 PM #1
Impulse
i think mags are done.

Agd I think is over, The emag is allrgiht but I heard it has probelems. All other mags have no chance now. Everyone is going elecro and one of the only manual guns that is up there is the cocker. Face it mag people mags just lost it.

Old 08-24-2001, 03:25 PM #2
TeamEpidemic
$10 Shoe!

has been a member for 10 years
if you mean in tournament ball, perhaps, but i doubt it..the rt and emag and automag/minimag for that matter can keep up with any gun out there....and the mag is dead??? ya right, there are waaay more rec ballers out there than tourney players and the mag will always be a favorite among rec ballers for it's quietness, accuracy, high rate of fire..The mag is here to stay..that's like saying kingman is gonna go out of business tomorrow..
Boston Paintball Supply
----------
Impulse
Old 08-24-2001, 03:33 PM #3
Python14
NO Impulse, I'm sorry. But as long a people like me still shoot Mags, they will still be alive. It will be over my dead body that the mag dies. It's efficient, quiet, accurate, fast, and best of all, inexpensive. I am quite happy with my Mag and would never(and I mean NEVER) trade it for anything. BTW, I do play on the toruney level so sorry, it still lives there too.

Old 08-24-2001, 03:33 PM #4
-=DFOX=-
Border Bandit

-=DFOX=- is a Supporting Member
I agree, rec ball is the group that pays the bills, the Mag will hang around.
Old 08-24-2001, 03:39 PM #5
EnderWigginPballin
AO Goon

Mags are gonna be around for a long time. I don't have one, or plan on getting one, but a lot of people I know use them, and my dad's probably going to get one soon... Mags are far from dead. People still use PGPs....... so why not Mags!
Old 08-24-2001, 04:08 PM #6
Johnny Bravo

Whats so special about electro's compared to mags?
Old 08-24-2001, 04:33 PM #7
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

i hate mags and all, but i think they are here to stay, as long as there are rec ballers that like that annoying sound it makes, their ganna be aroung here for along time. there not just for recballers, a local team(nemises), some of their players use mags and they are top of the line in my eyes.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:34 PM #8
Gtbuck

mouse click compared to trigger pull.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:47 PM #9
strubbe
Team Predator Young Blood

Mags are definately not dead lol... And I doubt I'll ever go electro unless I get an electronic trigger frame for my Spyder, which wont happen before I get a stock class breech for my Phantom, and a Blazer...
Old 08-24-2001, 04:58 PM #10
Johnny Bravo

Thats the only difference? Lighter trigger pull? Hmmmm I still cant see how much more of an edge that can give you in a tourney.
Old 08-24-2001, 05:15 PM #11
pbgod
y ehllo thar!

the major electro advantages are:

intellifeed
anti chop eyes
no short stroking
trigger
firing modes (for the few that use them)
and a hell of a lot of paint
Old 08-24-2001, 05:33 PM #12
Johnny Bravo

Ahhhhh now I see the advantages of electros... I may have to reconsider that E-mag over the RT Pro.
Old 08-24-2001, 05:40 PM #13
Nitro

i highly doubt mags will die any time soon if all. personally i'm not a mag person, its just not the marker for me. i've shot 1 before i bought my piranha and just like the ROF, lighteness, and doublt trigger over the mag. take a piranha's most expensive and agd classic mag same price, add a boomy to both and still same accuracy the only difference is weight and rof now. reason why i picked mine, but i know alot of people like mags for the quality and reliablity compared to most markers. as long as you have a satisfied customer he will be willing to buy another product from the same company. way it goes
Old 08-24-2001, 05:48 PM #14
Tack
Scenario Baller

I am sorry you feel that way about mags but AGD is not dead and will never die because of their appeal to rec players. But Mags are not only for rec ball. I have seen several mags (including myself) playing in tournaments. Actually the Automag is finding a rebirth in the Tourney series due to the E-Mag and the rt pro. I have switched to an Angle because I like the short trigger pull but I will still use my Mag almost as much. The manual trigger pull in my opinion is what makkes some players good. Anyone can click the mouse like trigger on their electro but it takes skill to be able to work a manual trigger as fast as the others. I have had my mag up to 13 a second over a crono as well as on the field and have stood side by side with electro players and dumped as much paint down range as they have. I will admidt that you won't be able to get a Mag much faster then 13bps but if you work the field and are shooting that fast you can take out a whole team of electros. Mags are also some of the simplest markers to fix and take care of. This is a real consideration for players who are looking for a marker that they can play with, put in a bag and not look at for three weeks, pull it out and play with it again without messing with the timeing and things. For that reasion the Automag line of markers will be part of paintball for many years to come and AGD will continue to produce great markers for both rec playes and tournament players alike.
Raced Half Block and Graveyard E-2 cocker for sale.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1867834
Old 08-24-2001, 06:23 PM #15
Poke On A Stick

First of all nitro you are cazy if you think you can shoot your prahana faster then i can my mag, i have owned almost every gun out there, which includes mags, cockers, and almost every electro made, and after owning all of them im now using a mag, and will contunie using one. the emag im my opinion will never catch on as much as most others do.but mags will never die out, and mags are making a big come back into tournys. and the way i look at rof is this,it is nice if you can shoot my bunker 50 times in 5 seconds, its real nice, but none of those 50 are gonna hit me when your shooting the bunker, and lord knows that im not one to talk about shooting a lot of paint b/c i do but its not to show off how fast i can shoot or just to shoot a bunker, the way i look at it is if you can post on someone you can move up, if you can shoot 10 sec on there bunker to keep them down you can move up. i cant stand long ballers you bunch of wimps, get up and bunker somebody.
shocktech df
12 vt revy
Old 08-24-2001, 06:50 PM #16
sniper1rfa
I am the method of mayhem

i personally love the design of the mag

granted, i dont think i will use one anytime in the near future, but that is because of a few problems that they do have (blow-back mostly). i am planning on buying one sooner or later so i can resolve these problems (i have a few ideas in mind). the mag is here to stay, since it is built like a rock. i know most upgrades for it arent built at the same standards as a regular level 7 mag.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:41 PM #17
automag#98

Long live the mags. Mags are much higher quality than a spyder or pirahna and you dont see them going out of business. the e-mag is a great gun. and agd is probably the greatest customer service company on earth. but you know my opinion is biased. i also play tourneys with a mag.

-JCK-
JEFFERSON COUNTY KILLAZ
my feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=931395
Old 08-24-2001, 09:35 PM #18
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

hey poke, if you use a mag, then why is a timmy in your signature?
Old 08-24-2001, 09:38 PM #19
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Poke- Mags are not making a big comeback in tourneys. Last NPPL video I watched (Traumahead LA 2k1) I saw 1 mag.
Old 08-24-2001, 09:42 PM #20
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mags i don't think will ever die but eventually you wont see barely any mags at tourny's except for th e-mag. My bro. has a mag and hates it, a kid on our team had an RT and hated it. i personaly hate the trigger and the feel. although i particulay like the e-mag. if agd didn't come out with the e-mag they'd fade real fast.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 08-24-2001, 10:46 PM #21
ferret
extravaganza

hi

hello