Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2002, 07:47 PM #1
Zumina
Rub some funk on it!

has been a member for 10 years
Slider or Hinge?

Which one can attain a shorter trigger pull? A lot of custom cockers still come standard with sliders. I ask as I am weighing two new cocker options.
1. 02' Shiny Black vert cocker w/hinge $320
2. 01' RF cocker with BM .45, 14" Boomer, System X pneus, AKA tornado, Free flow bolt, and shocktech drop. $300
Old 11-15-2002, 09:18 PM #2
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
1. The second one could be badly tunned and give you alot of problems. Dont get #2 unless you can try the gun.

-DAve
Old 11-15-2002, 09:25 PM #3
Zumina
Rub some funk on it!

I'm no dummy when it comes to cockers. I bought my first one in 97', and I've been a master of the timing process since.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:27 PM #4
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
So then go with the slider, the resale wont be as high becuase of the rf, but who sells cockers anyways

-Dave
Old 11-15-2002, 09:34 PM #5
Zumina
Rub some funk on it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nomad
but who sells cockers anyways

-Dave
Unfortunately, I did. I had a super tricked r/f 2k cocker for a while, then I it as I went off to college thinking I wouldn't play as much. It turns out there's a FREE speed ball field like 2 minutes away from my dorm! The 02's are atrractive due to their nice, shiny finishes, vertical feed, and hinge frames (My old 00' had a chrome WGP hinge on it). But, this RF I'm eyeing has a bunch of goodies and an attractive price. I dunno, new sounds good, but this one has a Boomer and new pneus.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:10 PM #6
jjmorin85
Born again newb...

if you like it and are confident you can get it shooting good then i say go for it. if you cant get it workin good then turn around and sell it for the same you paid for it
Old 11-16-2002, 08:56 AM #7
Paintballfreak998

You can get the 2nd one tune it in time it and resell it easily for atleast $450 i think with a boomer and new front penumatics

..........................l_l.....................
.##########OOOOOOOOO=D......
.............()=JJJJOOOOOOOO--l=_l.....
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i
Old 11-16-2002, 07:04 PM #8
theflan

I'm pretty sure cocker number two is my friend's cocker and I'm surprised he hasn't sold it yet especially since it's got such nice parts....I've been trying to buy the boomstick and AKA valve off of it for a while, in fact....but he wants to sell as a whole. He also raves about the pneumatics; he says they're really great. He usually gives good prices on stuff (bought a quickfire frame from him for 12 and a new freak back for 25) and this is no exception. If it's out of time I'll time it for you anyway and, although I've only seen the boomstick off it and the bolt/back block, I can confirm that the condition is pretty good...boomstick looks great, back block has a tiny bit of anno rubbed off where it goes against the body. I'm pretty sure it's timed anyway and I'm sure there are no leaks or anything if he owns he he's honest and takes good care of stuff.

But the '02 cocker would be nice too, although I think WGP makes a kinda ugly hinge and hinges really aren't that much faster than sliders (I have one of each) especially nice ones like the benchy. Only real advantage would be vertical feed, and that's a matter of opinion (I like it though.) Either way, enjoy the marker you buy.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:35 PM #9
Zumina
Rub some funk on it!

yes, I'm going to go with your buddies gun. The 02's appeal was the shiny anno, but I'm going to mill it anyway so what's the use? I liked my hinge because I could limit the swing distance with great ease unlike sliders.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:36 PM #10
Zumina
Rub some funk on it!

tell your friend I reall want it! He hasn't responded to his threado on AO in a few days.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:02 AM #11
theflan

I'll tell him when I see him online but he may have another potential seller, not sure...so I'll contact him soon.