5- it has some nice features that i dont want to hate
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2001, 11:20 AM #2
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
dager supports Sherwood Forest
hey to each his own.. the trigger dose take some getting use to especialy if you have been using a switch style with spring return.. but hey if one gun fit everyone perfect we would all be shooting a variation of that gun now wouldnt we

Team ESP
Old 02-26-2001, 08:14 PM #3
pyro45

it may be heavy but i think the whole trigger system is one of its strongest points. i say its the best gun thats come out in a real long time.
Old 02-26-2001, 08:28 PM #4
Novak Mark
Member #57 Or Something.

It really has a magnetic return on the trigger? I can imagine - that would feel terrible, it would definately take some getting used to. And even then I'm not sure how much I would like it.

I'll stick with my current guns
Old 02-28-2001, 11:45 PM #5
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Post when i dry fired it with out air

Ok I walk into Gator Joes paintball chop. Ahh the smell of decomposing paint from the indoor chrono. My friend has dragged me to see his new "future" gun. All the same people are there that we see everytime. The owner, the one guy that can maybe shoot faster than me, and other costomers. We walk down the display case, then all of a sudden a ray of light cuts through the ceiling and we see it. "THE E-MAG" We go into a frenzy. "Let me shoot it." " No let me"...He got it first so he's going as fast as he can on the trigger. Then he hands it to me. The weight is very noticable even without the tank or full hopper. (defiant user talking) Im thinkin ehh, its muscle. Then I pull the trigger..."What the crap? What is this?" I knew it had a magnetic return but this was like clicking a heavy mouse button. absolutly no bounce, it goes one way and stops and the other way and stops. Clickity Clickity Clickity. Strange I thought. I then turned my attention to see how fast and steady I could shoot it. I quickly went into embarrasment more quickly and steadily than I could shoot. I then promptly with my ego somewhat intact set the gun down and tried to act as if nothing happened. Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuttttttt....I'd still take it for free.

Try it out you might like it. Besides I am very picky. But, you gotta get your hands on one and see what all the hype is about...
Old 03-01-2001, 01:15 AM #6
Gonzo 02

Thumbs down

So you never shot it with paint? that's kinda unfair to a marker to say you don't like it without even shooting it with paint or even playing a game with it.

Yes one day the OCMW will rule the earth.
Old 03-01-2001, 01:29 AM #7
dager
Mega Moderator

i wouldnt necessarily say that.. the trigger is very differnet from anything out there. if you dont like the way it feels there's not much you can do to change it. also the weight can be an issue.. if a player is use to a ligher gun and picks up an emag it can be very uncomforable.. you dont have to shoot paint or even play with it to get an impression of a gun.. play might change the impression some but overall first impressions tend to stick in a players mind

Team ESP
Old 03-01-2001, 01:32 AM #8
Gonzo 02

Yeah but dude the first impression on a paintball gun is good only when you're actually playing with one in a game. That way you get the feel of it, balance, etc. Like me when i first shot an STO, i was like well this isn't anything great. But when i got to play a game with it, it was a way different impression. The impression that i'd rather have.

Yes one day the OCMW will rule the earth.
Old 03-01-2001, 02:05 AM #9
dager
Mega Moderator

all depends on the player.. ive tried quite a few guns that the first impression of the gun was very close to how it played as well.. but when your talking about weight and a style of trigger there isnt much diffence that playing will give you any differenly than just testing in a shop. playing with a gun will give you more of a feel of how the gun shoots, ballances, and plays in the given situation.

Team ESP
Old 03-01-2001, 11:46 AM #10
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Smile dager pretty much explained it

dager has pretty much the same view point. Theres not much that can change on the field when you dont like the trigger and the weight. Yes in some micro switch, spring return guns the trigger can get more sensitive with air going through it but I talked to Renick Miller and he said theway it feels with out air is pretty much how it feels with air. Plus I dont know if I would buy a mag anyways because I dont have a clear understanding of the valve and the blow forward design. So im not an expert so dont hold me to anything. But I think mag owners would charish it.
Old 03-02-2001, 05:14 PM #11
paintballerLA

I found the trigger to be too light and short in electro mod. The gun rather heavy, all mags are, but it makes up for weight by being very small. The hose was in the way, for right handed shooters. Overall they are sweet guns, and far better than most electros, not angels of course.
PBLA Custom Series LCD #0001
Ghetto C&C LCD
Love me, Hate me, You know you want to date me!
Old 03-02-2001, 05:19 PM #12
GODandFriends

boo eric

I find there triggers too light in electro mode also. I have owned 3 angels and its trigger in E mode is lighter than thiers it is light to the point of bieng bad from not enough return I just use hybrid mode.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:20 PM #13
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
Exclamation

Ok several things here that I would like to cover.

First The Emag Trigger -

It uses magnets as both the return and the firing of the gun. The feel of the trigger can be changed but adding and remove the magnets from the stack in the rail. Also the trigger length in E-mode is adjustable with 2 set screws, very much like an Angel trigger. One sets the trigger Pull and the other set the place in the pull the trigger is fired.

It is a much more mechnical feeling trigger than a switch like, it's a tad stiff on the pull but break real clean like a pistol trigger.

The thing I see the most when people try to shoot a mag fast is they get into the seisure mode of trying to jerk teh trigger, that is the worst way to try an shoot it fast.

A mag is a very Zen gun to shoot, if you try to shoot it fast you wont, if you relax and just let the gun do the work you can shoot it extreamly fast.

Second weight - Take an LCD and and Emag no barrel no hopper no air and weight them the Emag is a tad lighter gun. Ill be double checking that to day, but the factory guy told me about that. I think because the gun is mush more compact and teh weigh is more or less right in your hand it just seems heavier, where as with other guns its more spread out.

Third The hose With the change back away form the Banjo bolt you hav eto deal with gas lines, So far the best way I have found to run them is from a Tank left output to the valve with a 90 elbow and Q/D's. Down the road if you have someone order you a Emag you can get the air input left rather then the stock right input, this will allow a right hand player to keep the hose on the left side of the gun.

-Robert
Old 03-30-2001, 10:34 PM #14
blakedawg
team X-RaTeD

Question

Thumper_Rush- is the e-mag still there? ( at gator joes )I go there a lot, and i would just swing on by if it was. I really am looking for a chance to shoot one!!
Old 03-31-2001, 09:38 AM #15
Budha
Paint Slüt

Thanks rob, you play at pevs? I was just at the pevs extravaganza and Tom Kaye was there showing me and my friend the emag. I like it better than the angel, and so did my friend. My friend ended up buying it that day. So anyway, we tried it out and it shot so accurate with the stock barrel it was nuts. I loved it,and I would get one if I wouldnt have my cocker. But please dont flame this gun, the trigger you just have to get used to. Like a cocker. YOu have to find the sweet spot, and you are set.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-31-2001, 01:10 PM #16
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Yea I play at Pevs, VAG, AG, Top Gun, OA, MD Paintball.

I was at the Sales with Tom. Did your friend get the Red to Black fade gun ?

-Robert

BTW - the pic you post in the Mag Pics thread is broken.
Old 03-31-2001, 03:07 PM #17
Budha
Paint Slüt

yeah he got the red to black. You can go to my semi reviw page with pics at my site here.

www.geocities.com/p8ntballwizard03/emag.html

oh yeah, when you playing at pevs next?

Old 03-31-2001, 06:13 PM #18
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
This Sunday, Ill be praticing with Karnage. Look for the guy wearing woodland camos playing Hyperball / Spool Fields.

-Robert
Old 03-31-2001, 06:40 PM #19
Budha
Paint Slüt

woodland camo..... EVERYOEN WEARS THAT. But I know of karnage. Isnt the bald guy pat on that team?

Old 03-31-2001, 07:54 PM #20
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Actually last 3 times I have played I ahve been the only guys playing Speed Ball with Camos Everyone lese is wearing JT/Dye/32 Degress crap.

-Robert
Old 04-30-2001, 07:42 PM #21
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

My .2 cents....

Don't count the chickens before they hatch...

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Closed Thread