PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-15-2005, 01:06 AM #1
subZER0
Certified Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
Ram Mod Complete (Pic) , Will mod your rams.

Here it is (once again, my camera's not focusing on it, I might try with a different camera, or try it outside tomorrow.) :

I'm going to go with the price Carbine was doing them for. $20, which includes return shipping. I will try to include O-rings, but I'm not sure on that yet. I'll have to look around at the hardware store and see if any fit it well first.

Update: I have enough O-rings to includde with a few rams right now, so I'll be acepting a few. My prices are $15 for no O-ring grooves, or $20 with o-ring grooves and o-rings are included.

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by subZER0 : 02-23-2005 at 01:30 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2005, 01:22 AM #2
dremelguy
menlatin : bizzand-chibes

dremelguy is a Supporting Member
i think the sleeve oring is the same as a timmy ram. #007 i think.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:28 AM #3
subZER0
Certified Ninja

I'm just looking for the standard size o-rings that go on the O-ring grooves I mill into the center section. I found that the stock green dragun o-rings work great, but the rest of the O-rings I have are too thin. I could probably fix this by just cutting the grooves a little less deep.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:53 AM #4
dremelguy

the black buna 015 rings dont work?? thats wierd. You could also sue those "x" rings. Thats what i have on mine. There are some for sale in the timmy forum.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:01 AM #5
subZER0
Certified Ninja

Well, actually, they might. I just remembered, the black one's I have came with my Evil delrin bolt, which I don't use. They're too thin, but it's possible that they're not the same as the standard black 015 o-rings. As I said, I'll probably go to the hardware store and buy a few and see if they work.

Last edited by subZER0 : 02-15-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:25 AM #6
nitrohaulik
Killerbee

Damn that looks great... good work. Let us know how things go with the orings than I will go ahead with this mod..
Old 02-15-2005, 10:53 AM #7
subZER0
Certified Ninja

I have 4 extra green o-rings, so I could do it for two people now.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:56 AM #8
nitrohaulik
Killerbee

Have you tested the Ram yet? Does it perform any better?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:20 AM #9
ChargedDust

How long does it take you to do one? Not turn around time, I mean time from when the first tool hits it until it's ready to go into a marker.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:35 AM #10
dremelguy

its probably gonna perform extactly as carbines did. I mean its just weight reduction.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:43 AM #11
neonsleeper98
We Are The True Believers

subZER0 - not trying to knock you down or anything... So don't take this the wrong way....But could you do it a little cheaper??? I just purchased a brand new 02 lightened ram from Odyssey for $23.00... And it looks just like yours...? LMK.. Thanx!
BRY
Old 02-15-2005, 06:21 PM #12
subZER0
Certified Ninja

Quote:
Originally posted by ChargedDust
How long does it take you to do one? Not turn around time, I mean time from when the first tool hits it until it's ready to go into a marker.
I'm really not sure. I did this one over two days. I did part of one side and tryed different stuff to see what worked best or what gave the best finish, then two day's later I finished it up.
I think it would take around an hour or so per ram.

As for the new O2 ram thing, I'm pretty sure on the $20 price, and I think I'll be shipping it back with priority mail with delivery confirmation, so I can give a confirmation number when it is sent back to you. The O2 rams also look a little thicker than mine and the side that hits the valve pin doesn't look lightened much. Anyways, you could pay $20 + whatever it is to ship your ram to me, or $28 for a new ram. In the end you end up with the same thing: A lightened ram in your gun. If you buy a new one from Odyssey, you'll have an extra ram, but you can only use one at a time, and really what are the chances that you'll ever have to replace your ram? Therefore no point in having two. I guess you could try and sell the old one, and make some money off of it, but that's your choice.

I could also cut off a little more weight if you only want one o-ring like an O2 ram.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:56 PM #13
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

shocktroop plays in the PSP
I think the back part where the ram goes into the ram sleeve is too short which i think will cause to wiggle a lot....just try to copy Carbines....if u want to know how much he makes the ram weigh's, he makes it weigh just under 50grams from wat he told me

Well, Nice JOb that is!

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!
Rockin' a Champagne Eigen'd NXT Shocker

Old Feedback
Old 02-15-2005, 07:31 PM #14
subZER0
Certified Ninja

It's not going to wobble when it's in the gun, because of the o-rings on the front.

I'm not sure what mine weighs, but from comparing it to a picture of carbines, it can't be much different.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:02 PM #15
RunANDshoot
Stuff dreams are made of

I will try it out. Let me know when you have the orings available and how long will turn around time be.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:25 PM #16
subZER0
Certified Ninja

I have enough o-rings for a couple of them now. I should have your ram no longer than a week at the most. I'm pretty sure I'll have time to do the mod and package it to return it to you within 3 days of receiving it. then I should be able to drop it off at the post office within the next day or two after that.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:26 PM #17
HerroYuy_246

Are you going to take paypal?
DM5 Black/Red Shooter #17
Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM #18
timmy owner
Towelie Wants You!

will u take my shopping cart and a cardboard box and ill ad 2 bux?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:43 AM #19
Carbine
100% Gun Whore

Carbine is a Supporting Member
Carbine is playing at Living Legends III
Carbine owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You can purchase my orings that I was using. I still have a few more.. maybe 50 or so.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 AM #20
subZER0
Certified Ninja

Yes I will take paypal.

I'm not sure what you mean by taking your shopping cart and cardboard box? Then again I just woke up, maybe it will make sense later...

And Carbine, thanks for the offer on the o-rings, how much would you want for them?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM #21
nathanstl

Can someone tell me what the benefit of this mod is. Who needs it? What does it do? Thanks!