PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:26 AM #1
sadangryboi (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Trade my DM4 For Alias?

i dont know if its just the people i play with or just me wanting a new gun. i love my dm4 and had to have one, now i got it and i kinda want to trade with an alias? i dont know. everyone in my area has timmys. what do u guys think
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2005, 10:37 AM #2
y0uMiSsEd

y0uMiSsEd is an NCPA player
y0uMiSsEd plays in the APPA beginner division
Youll be sorry
Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 AM #3
sadangryboi (Banned)

you think so? i have a bad feeling i would regret it to. i havent really shot a timmy and seen how accurate and how it shoots so i am blind basically. all i know is my dm4 is fast and dead on the spot. thanks for your oppionin so far. need more though!

edit: DAMN YOUR ABOMB LOOKS CLEAN! I WANT IT HAHA
but i can only trade, not looking to hassle selling and rebuying
Old 02-04-2005, 10:46 AM #4
pikebruin

Keep you DM4. I went from an Alias to a DM4 and then back to an Alias. It was just not the same so I went back and got a DM5. You will regret it. The timmys are great guns. You have better air efficiency but do not shoot as straight as the DM4s.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=692991/url
Old 02-04-2005, 10:48 AM #5
sadangryboi (Banned)

thatsh 2 keep my dm4 and 0 timmy! dm4 is sounding good right about now
Old 02-04-2005, 10:56 AM #6
y0uMiSsEd

y0uMiSsEd is an NCPA player
y0uMiSsEd plays in the APPA beginner division
Thanks! Ive had a bad experience with my first timmy; it chopped, had horrible accuracy, and had bad consistancy. Ive always maintained my guns well but somehow this alias had always refused to work in the most important situations. After i had traded it for a DM4 it was like heaven. Dye had amazing customer service and they totally spoiled me: the DM4 came with everything i ever needed and more, the spare parts kit is a life saver and it ddint cost me a cent. I had never chopped one ball during my time of owning my dm4 and it was always ball on ball accurate. If it werent for the DM5. school, and work, i would never have sold my baby.

Some people have good experiences with timmies. They are easy to work with because they are simple. Simplicity is the key when people look at Timmies. i had no trouble maintaining my alias, but found that i had spent over 200 in upgrades. My a-bomb is a breeze but needs new detents every so often, i was surprised because i was totally spoiled by the DM4 which never needed new detents. In the end i would take the Dm4 over the Alias and maybe over all guns period.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:06 AM #7
ABC123
Dragon Timmy Collector

dm4 is winning beacause this is the matrix forum post one in the timmy forum and u will get the opposite results.

1995 z28 T-56, cc306, Nitrous
Old 02-04-2005, 11:19 AM #8
sadangryboi (Banned)

done! posted in their forum also. alot of different answers due to the fact that each gun has weird problems with each owner.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM #9
pizza wench
W-E-N-C-H not wrench.....

pizza wench is a Supporting Member
So if everyone in your area shot "top-of-the-line" spyders would you consider one too?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:23 AM #10
sadangryboi (Banned)

its not that. i just wanted to know if it would even b worth the trade. shooting/maintainence/weight most of all.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM #11
sadangryboi (Banned)

timmys got it in their forum and dm4 got it here. ahh i need opinions on people who have had both guns. thanks alot guys! keep em coming
Old 02-04-2005, 11:31 AM #12
*cpt*seawolf
HUSKY

*cpt*seawolf is a Supporting Member
*cpt*seawolf donated to help Peyton Trent
*cpt*seawolf supports Bob Gurnsey
*cpt*seawolf supports our troops
ok... i have a dm4..

2 of my clsoe friends play on atomix......and 3 more on WAS Factory (sponsored by atomix).

i have had zero issues with my dm4.....

i have heard and SEEN many issues in a timmy; both the abomb and alias.

but the abomb is the lightest marker on the market.....thing is rediculously light.

once they all got their problems fixed its golder....they shoot like a dream.

timmy's are also put together with a million tiny screw which is annoying.

In conclusion,

Outa the box iv seen more issues with timmies than dm4's. however, both shoot nice as hell.

So its really if u wanna tinker to get the lightest gat out..... or if u want something that works outa the box (i think Dye owns Blast for quality)
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM #13
sadangryboi (Banned)

good points, thanks man
Old 02-04-2005, 11:35 AM #14
ClarkBar2k2
7/16th

yea i went from an alias to a DM4 i say totaly stay with the DM4. DONT GO TO AN ALIAS !

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post71609720
Old 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM #15
pizza wench
W-E-N-C-H not wrench.....

pizza wench is a Supporting Member
Timmies and DM4's are completely different guns, they shoot completely different, hold completely differently and satisfy completely differently...

DM4's are known for their super high quality (99% of the parts etc are super high quality), they looks really good but their efficiency kinda sucks...

They are fast, as fast as anyone really needs to shoot, while not as upgradable as timmies, there is a reason, they don't need as much upgrading...

Timmies are fast, period. Achieving a high ROF is quicker and easier on a timmy I find. Shooting them consistantly fast is easy as butter. They have a little more kick, their efficiency blows DM4's outta the water though. They have an LCD screen which is pretty handy sometimes...

This is sort of me just rambling, but it might give you an idea...

Go shoot a timmy, you said everyone around youo shoots timmies, im sure at least one of them will let you shoot it...
Old 02-04-2005, 12:39 PM #16
Wank107

I own a proto matrix, my friendhad a dm4...and i also owned a lasoya while my friend owned an abomb...do youself a favor and keep the dm4...they are incredible guns...intimidator = spyder thats fast
Old 02-04-2005, 12:49 PM #17
{o(-_-)0}
pro baller

i owned an alias. light guns, fast, but sort of flimsy. the reg always felt like i could snap it off cause of how they there built. anyhow.

traded for a dm4 and have been happy ever since. dm4 is heavier, but alot more accurate. it shoots different than a timmy due to the bolt differences.

with a dm4 you can easily change out chips, and swap parts easier than a alias. though i miss the air efficiency of my alias (i could play a full game off 1000psi) i traded that in for accuracy and overall satisfaction.

cleaning a dm4 is alot easier too. if thats worth debating. oh yeah, customer service with dye is A+ hands down.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:42 PM #18
Dillane

I think youll be very very sorry, if you love your DM4 then you should keep it, ost people who love matrixes dont like timmy's becasue of the feel of them, to me they feel very cheap. And yes i nkow you are kind of influenced by the people in your area all having timmy's and such, but its good to be differnt somtimes.
DQ Films
Old 02-04-2005, 01:44 PM #19
sadangryboi (Banned)

good points guys. i should play witha timmy a few times and see what i think. but the more and more i think of it i think imma keep my dm4
Old 02-04-2005, 01:44 PM #20
Xballer8806
Banned

well both guns shoot really well, and i have more experience with timmys, but most people that have problems with their new timmys just dont know what their doing which is why the probs are caused...
Old 02-04-2005, 02:13 PM #21
sadangryboi (Banned)

thanks guys i think im going to keep my dm4!
Closed Thread