D-Day 2005 Squad Application:
DO YOU HAVE THE (PAINT)BALLS TO STEP UP TO THE BIGGEST SCENERIO EVENT OF THE YEAR?
Our Generals on the Ariakon forum, DevilDog and Armorer, as well as several officers (Vlar, Coolaid, Ewiz, etc.) have decided to form a team for this year’s D-Day. We have made independent contacts in the mil-sim community, and in along with several outside players, are joining en-masse for this year’s Battle Royal. However, we’re still short a few hands and looking for some of our own to step up to the plate and join us on the battlefield.
“Of course I’m in! HOORAH! Where do I sign???”
Now do realize that every scrub, N00B, and wanna-be bottom feeder is also signing up with you. How do you make the team and avoid the cut? By filling in the following application clearly, competently, and effectively.
(Do a copy/paste to a blank Microsoft Word document to answer application)
There is no room to spare in this game— we need competent and able-bodied players ready and willing to answer the call of duty. This means:
1) Fill in every field with the correct information. No nicknames, false information, or “preferred” bits of information over facts.
2) When answering questions other than short, “fill-in-the-blanks,” use proper language and grammar. This is for real people— shorthand does not cut it. Check for spelling and coherency, We read these things people and if I can’t understand what you type, then I don’t have any time to waste trying to figure out what you’re mumbling on the field.
3) Do not tell us what you want to do or what you would do. The reason we have both long and short answers in this application is to judge by the supplied information of our available resources. We will not know what our exact roll in the game will be until we have our applications in to D-day and we’re assigned an over-seeing D-Day officer (a member of their staff). We know you all want to be the hero’s of the game, but sometimes you just have be a grunt or cannon fodder. You’re applying for the chance to go— not “win.”
4) You MUST have an Ariakon marker. It does not matter whether you have a Sim-4, a Sim-5, or the new pistol coming out. We are looking for Ariakon owners and will not accept exceptions. You can expect to play along side guys that have equipment in tip-top operating condition and are of the best quality. You won’t run into a problem that we can’t fix on the field. These guys are experts at the workings and maintenance of these markers.
5) Again, this is a serious offer. We have no time to waste on people who merely wish to go. Do not apply if you know that you’ve no reasonable, logical means of getting to the event. We play as a team, but arrive as individuals. If you are not grown up enough to handle your own traveling arrangements, please do not waste our time. The same goes for funding. If it takes you six months to earn 200 dollars, you will not have enough money come next July— Unless your parent’s are willing to come— we are not babysitters. If you are a minor and unaccompanied by parent or legal guardian, you will be turned away. Again, be reasonable before you attempt to apply.
Name: (first) (MI) (last) .
DoB: (mm/dd/yy) .
Address: (street/ apt # / etc.)
(city, state, zip):
E-mail address: .
Phone Number: .
1) Number of Years of experience: .
2) Current setup:
3) Position normally played:
4) In 10 to 30 words describe your best (strongest) abilities as a player:
5) In 15 to 50 words describe your worst (weakest) points as a player:
6) In as few words as possible, describe what you bring to the table as an individual and not just a player:
7) Using less than 50 words, describe your main reason(s) for applying/wanting to go to D-day:
8) The Game does not end when the playing stops. We will need competent people able to lend a hand in maintaining morale, supplies, and gear. Again using limited wording, what do you have to offer in these areas:
9) A machine is only as good as the quality of the sum of its parts— a good game requires everyone putting in 110%. Explain personal goals for this game and how you will work towards making this year’s D-day the Best Yet.
Thanks for taking the time to Apply. We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us for this coming year’s OK, D-Day. Again, if you do not think you can handle the possibility of rejection— Do not apply. We’d like to take everyone, but we’ve got a limited number of slots and need only the very best our community has to offer.
Copy/paste your application into a blank Word document (no WordPerfect or Notepad) and send it as an attachment to Ariakon.Armorer@gmail.com