Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Kit Selection

I`m new to this game, but I have been standing on the sideline
for quite some time (cause in Norway you gotta be 16 to be allowed to play) So here`s the equipment I have considered buying, and I thougt I should get "expert" help too do the final selection. Thanks!

Marker; Tippmanns Model 98c, Spyder Shutter or a Viewloader Genesis
A 20oz co2 tank
Barrels; Flatline for m98c,for the Shutter J&J Performance 14" or a Dye exel14" (the Genesis got a fine barrel)
Mask; A Shield Field (Vforce) or a Morph (also Vforce)
For everything else I`m open for suggestions

Vegard (Nwader) Henriksen
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 09:49 PM #2
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i don't have any experiance with the Genises but the model98 and the spyder line of markers are great choices for a first marker. out of them i would go with a spyder cause i prefer the feel over the long moel98. but when choosing a spsyder remember all spyder shoot the same. all your paying extra for is name and clip on accessories. a spyder compact is you best spyder choice. J&J are excellent barrels. they shoot great and clean very well. a good choice. you might also want to consider a CP barrel. they are also very nice and are in the same price range as the J&J. The mask is up to what feels best. i personaly don't like the vforce googles cause i they feel too big but for a second choice you should consider a JT spectra of Flex-7 mask. you might also want to think about knee pads. they help alot.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 08-10-2001, 10:13 PM #3
AllOleander
Banned

If you like the feel of the long Model 98 than go for it, and grab a Flatline barrel for it.

If you would like a more compact marker, than you should go w/ Kingman's Spyders. The Compact would be the best for the money. You can get one for 89$ I believe and they are very upgradable as you improve your skills and become more interested in the sport.

I am not too familiar w/ the Genesis but i really think the Compact would be best.

Although V-Force (Shield and Morph are both very nice masks) is great, it doesn't fit certain players. Most masks are very similar and one won't perform better than the next. So go to a local proshop and try on different kinds. I would try on some V-Force, and then try on the JT Flex7 Spectra. They are really nice, and i have a pair myself.

Knee pads..? They aren't a necessity, but I guess it depends on if you have sensative (girl) knees jk jk.. But i play soccer and lacrosse, so my knees are used to abuse, so I dont need knee pads. But after you play a few times if your knees hurt you, there are some great Redz or Rase knee pads that you can buy for real cheap, that help out a lot!

Make sure you are interested in thh sport before you buy any equipment. Renting for the first couple times you play is a wise idea.

Good luck
Old 08-17-2001, 12:10 PM #4
big red

ive got a compact and i have had 0 problems. it rarely breaks balls. and you can upgrade it so its better than the shutter. any upgade to the barrel is good if your just starting. i got an AA but thats just cause i got a good deal on it. as for the genisis, well if its the same quality as their paintballs, it'll suck and smell like **** too. get a jt spectra thermal. thermals cost 10-20 bucks more but its worth it. i didn't get thermals BIG MISTAKE. fog has cost me many a game.