Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2001, 04:52 AM #1
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

has been a member for 10 years
last year i think it was......

last year i think it was......do you all remember the elian gonzalis case thingy(i hoped i spelled that right)? well i do, any way, back to the point. when they took elian from the little havana home in miami, the cops were using tippmann carbines with pepper paint(red with pepper spray fill)to hold off the croud that was gettin ready to attack the police. i don't know if that story was just local or what, but i thought it was pretty cool/bad for the name of the game.

first, it was bad for the name b/c people are going to portray the paintball marker as a weapon b/c the police are using them, i know if i never knew about paintball that i would think the same as the other people would, BAD.

it was cool for the name b/c some people like the cool gun image and effect. escpecially if the police are using it! plus people would go what is a paintball gun? and go and search on the web and go to thier local field to play, etc.

but for the most part, i'm leaning toward it being bad for the sport. just put yourself in a situation where you didnt know a thing about paintball and you turn on the news and police are shooting paintball guns at the angry crowd, then after words the reporters are saying the new "weapon of choice" the police use for riot control! i would stay away from paintball guns as much as possible after that!
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 06:11 AM #2
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

also, i was watching this show called "fear factor" and this guy was straped to this bullseye and another was placed about 75 feet away from him and was hurled up in the air connected by a safty harness at like 20mph or something like that and the guy being launched had a 2001 sto cocker with warp feed and a max flo 68/45 system. and the point of the game was to shoot the other person or get the closest(you only had one try at each person) and believe it or not it was a contained place out on a dock or something where no one was around and EVERYONE was wearing masks. the only problem i saw was the lack of use of barrel plugs or condoms. non were seen. if there was i musta been takin a dump or something because i totally missed it. but it was intresting that non of these people short stroked the cocker OR droped it! i woulda lmao. but maybe some one gave them some pointers about the gun. i wana know where they go the gun from........ any ways just thought i'd let you all know.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:44 AM #3
Budha
Paint Slt

Re: last year i think it was......

Quote:
Originally posted by bad-karma

first, it was bad for the name b/c people are going to portray the paintball marker as a weapon b/c the police are using them, i know if i never knew about paintball that i would think the same as the other people would, BAD.

but for the most part, i'm leaning toward it being bad for the sport. just put yourself in a situation where you didnt know a thing about paintball and you turn on the news and police are shooting paintball guns at the angry crowd, then after words the reporters are saying the new "weapon of choice" the police use for riot control! i would stay away from paintball guns as much as possible after that!
I am not flaming you but who cares if someone puts on the tv and says, "man I am gonna stay away from paintball because riot control uses paint guns and I think its scarey" should not play. All I can say is who cares if it turns someone away? We already have enough people playing. Why does it matter if we have any more. Usually its just annoying kids anyway.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:29 PM #4
bloodhawk
this hurts

We already have enough people playing. Why does it matter if we have any more. Usually its just annoying kids anyway.[quote]

once apone a time budha we were all anoying little kids
Old 08-10-2001, 05:30 PM #5
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

well I think that more people is better, if we can get more people to play, then we can officially call it a sport. i want to see paintball grow. i want to see paintball fields as a common thing, like a football field or baseball field. i want to eventualy see paintball on the olympics or on regular t.v. until we can get more people to play non of that is going to happen. if we get more people to play and not be scared of paintball, think of the outcome of that. prices would most likely go down, it would be a common word among people.
one day paintball will grow into a succesful sport, and not be towered uppon by all these "paintball racist"if you will. and basically the only way the sport is ganna get there, is if we recruit more and more people here.

some don't want this to happen, most of these people are ganna be playing in the sport a short term. i think most want this to happen to the sport, mostly do to the prices will probably go down.

until that happens, were going to be stuck here in the present day of paintball, you might find this as a good thing, but i think it could be better.

Old 08-10-2001, 11:41 PM #6
Budha
Paint Slt

Paintball will never go mainstream. We may get tons of people out there to play but still in peoples eyes it is poeple shooting guns at each other. I thought about this while trying to go to sleep last night seriously. Paintball just isnt that type of sport. Volleyball isnt huge and all those poeple want it to be, um and all the rest of those "sports" but none are insane mainstream. Lacrosse is awsome but it will never be as big as football. Same as paintball. It just wont get there.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:41 PM #7
bad-karma
|3D|<|2m

i agree, but still, it can be some what of mainstream, have at least a few showings on espn or something of the sort.

also did you see the preview for the jackass on sunday? is that ganna help the sport or is it ganna help people find some new way to outlaw paintball?