Redz International Small BagAppearance: In my opinion Redz makes some of the best looking gear in paintball, this gear-bag is no exception although I do just have the grey version. More color choices could be an improvement...
Appearance: In my opinion Redz makes some of the best looking gear in paintball, this gear-bag is no exception although I do just have the grey version. More color choices could be an improvement but is not a huge deal. Four stars.
Performance: This gear-bag is smaller as stated by the name. It can hold ONE complete setup and that is all but if you are in the market for a "SMALL" gear-bag that should be plenty. With that said, this gear-bag does a good job of holding your setup. It had two padded layers so you can separate your marker, or anything that can get scratched or dented, from other gear that will cling together with it while being carried. It features two elastic straps to accommodate an air tank (I use a 68/4500 and is fits in the bag with the cover and thread protector on). The inside part of the top of the bag features a spot that holds up to three barrels (Note: I used to use a 16 inch 1 piece barrel and it does not fit, 14 inch barrels fit fine however and I imagine 15 inch would as well as 16 inch is just barely too big). The two pockets on the outside of the bag are great for tools and batteries. Hands down Five stars for performance.
Reliability: This gear-bag has held up well through the years for me. I want to say that I have had it for 6 years now and it is still in perfect condition, but I take care of my gear as everyone should. Five stars.
Value: For the price of $40 this gear-bag is very affordable and gets the job (of holding and protecting "one" setup done). Five stars.
All in all great product Redz!!!
This review has been rated:
Currently 5/5 stars.
Redz International Small BagHave the older small Redz bag & felt the need to "upgrade" it to the newer one.
Old bag vs New bag
- Old version had the barrel sleeves on one side and a long zipper compartment on the other...
Have the older small Redz bag & felt the need to "upgrade" it to the newer one.
Old bag vs New bag
- Old version had the barrel sleeves on one side and a long zipper compartment on the other (outside of bag). New version got rid of the long compartment & made 2 smaller ones on the smaller ends of the bag; barrel sleeves are under the top flap now (old bag didn't have a flap, just zipped open/closed).
- Old version had a removable tank pouch on the inside. New version has 2 straps instead, which are better, imo, because the old pouch couldn't fit an hpa tank w/ a cover (had to remove the cover or ditch the pouch).
- Old version was slimmer but not as roomy inside.
- New version has a strap on the outside to hang your mask.
- New version feels more padded along sides & bottom.
Quality & Usage
Well-made nylon/cordura/whatever they make it from. Very very durable, both old & new. Shoulder strap buckles are tough.
These smaller bags are great for rec players who don't have a ton of gear or for people who just don't take everything to the field with them. Main compartment fits 2-3 guns, a tank & a hopper, plus my rags & squeegees; 3 barrels fit in the sleeves; i always stuck my gloves in one outer pocket & my barrel condom in the other (pockets fit more than that, though); never used the mask strap, though - my mask has its own little sack.
Great bag for the price. And at the time, Redz' site had a promo that included a free tshirt with purchase.