LAPCO Paintball Products Grey GhostI've wanted a pump for years, after some shopping I figured a Grey Ghost would make me look like the biggest bad *** for the money. I ordered one straight from LAPCO - Paul took great care of me,...
I've wanted a pump for years, after some shopping I figured a Grey Ghost would make me look like the biggest bad *** for the money. I ordered one straight from LAPCO - Paul took great care of me, answered eMails, and even upgraded my shipping when his tech bailed on him and he was unable to ship my marker by his estimated date. LAPCO is a great company that doesn't get much recognition, run by a man who cares about the sport.
The marker is beautiful. The anodize is obviously grey, but comes off as titanium, silver, purple, and a bunch of other colors. The pump seems to be nylatron, which is hard and very light. The quick-change adapter is ano'd to match, and fits the marker very well. The marker comes a part in about 3 seconds, and comes back together in about 5 more seconds.
The pump could be smoother, but its not really a point to complain about. I wish the grips were softer; but they conform to the hand nicely and you get a good grip when pumping.
The bigshot barrel is one of the best values in paintball; I'm glad it came with on - I don't have to upgrade it. Its also Spyder threaded; so if I wanted to upgrade I could easily and cheaply.
Another pro is that they added 2 screw holes next to the breach to make it upgradeable to a vert feet. I contacted them about it, and waiting to hear back - but a Spyder feed might fit well.
I stripped the screw that held the feed block on the power tube. Took it to the proshop and put a longer screw in to catch some non-stripped threads. Not a big deal, but I wish they put more than 2-3 threads holding it down initially.
All in all its a great marker. Performs like a Phantom with a few changes, and cosmetically looks better in my opinion. Great pump for a new SC player.
This review has been rated:
Currently 3.8/5 stars.
LAPCO Paintball Products Grey GhostBought this used as my first nelson-based pump so apologies as i can't compare it to others. As it was used, that may have affected a few factors in my review. I didn't try improving...
Bought this used as my first nelson-based pump so apologies as i can't compare it to others. As it was used, that may have affected a few factors in my review. I didn't try improving anything.
- Smooth pump stroke.
- FAST disassembly, due to the brass thumb screws for most of the GG.
- Velocity adjustments were easy despite being made through the bolt. The adjusting rod was plenty long enough so i never had to remove the barrel.
- Matching anno is hot.
- Speedfeed on the feedtube is a plus.
- 14" stock barrel and t-stock made the setup too long for me.
- Feedtube threads seemed weak. Never stripped them but always afraid i would've some day.
- Angled frame bottom made a bottomline setup uncomfortable.
- Spyder threads and narrow pump handle opening makes barrel shopping tedious (limited to Lapco or PPS for barrels, possibly J&J from rumors i heard, but getting a small bore not easy).
- Detent didn't help prevent roll-out.